What future improvements can we expect for VR pilots?

Hi, VR has had very little discussion over the last few months, with the onset of DX12, DLSS & FSR later this year, can the development team please give the growing community of VR pilots some specific improvements that we can expect to see moving forward.

Showing VATSIM text message in BR environment

1 Like

Vr still has a loong road a head. I would love to see outside the cockpit without going blind

4 Likes

None. Asobo lost all interest. Is not even part of the regular dev reports.

1 Like

Personally, when I’m away from terrain that doesn’t produce shimmer VR is an amazing experience, that fact that I can fly wing tip to wing tip with a stranger on the other side of the world just brings a smile to my face. I’m fortunate that I have a high end system with a mid range headset. I’m just asking that we get some form of structured update/ feedback on what is in the pipeline for VR (not the usual off the cuff update), and if there is little to report then at least be transparent and manage VR pilots expectations because I see a lot of frustration building in the forums and on social media.

6 Likes

This is excellent post. Need better VR support. This will really take this Sim to next level. Where not only simmers but people who wants to see world or wants to fly will be able to do so.

Suggestions:

1 - optimized and better VR support
2 - There is lots of memory leak in VR
3 - Currently interacting with flight controls in VR is not intuitive and natural.

11 Likes

Teleport Hotspots like in X-Plane would be awesome!

3 Likes

I use FSkneeboard in VR and you can teleport in that

4 Likes

Agree! VR is an important part of the future✅

6 Likes

• Adjustable VR mirror on main display: left eye, right eye, or none at all.
• Adjustable/removable mask from VR mirror so it will be square or rectangular (resizable!) and can be screen-captured with OBS or other recording utility.
• Performance, performance, performance

5 Likes

Fully agree that we need some clarity on the pipeline for VR which is becoming more and more important

4 Likes

I would like to get less stuttering at low altitude with higher fps and better résolution. Hope DLSS will help . I am presently running at 27 to 30 fps but i get stuttering. My headset is quest 2 with the following pc : rysen 7 5800x , rtx 3060 overclocked , 32 gb ram , 1to ssd .
Even with stuttering, the msfs 2020 in VR is absolutly incredible ! I can go back to the 2D version .

1 Like

Just remove the shimmering and fix the cloud edges and I’ll be happy! :yum:

2 Likes

I can’t even imagine people playing this sim in the flat world. This is made for VR.

4 Likes

Now if only we can convince Asobo about that.

1 Like

I would like to see the double cursor bug, which still affects some of us, introduced in SU8 finally fixed.
More optimiseation of VR and I hope there is code modification for DX12 so we can get the full benefits of multicore use

3 Likes

I agree, I’ve been doing a lot of tutorials on the BEa 146 and it has to be doing in 2D to follow along on YT. I’ve got a 4K OLED and the aircraft looks beautiful…. but it’s just not the same, also I can’t land the aircraft smoothly to save my life now in 2D, the visual depth VR bring makes you far more specially aware.

1 Like

Mouse movement in VR is sluggish and often stutters.

3 Likes

-Please let us tilt the controller to control the stick/yoke, this has many benefits that are well described in the wishlist thread
-Performance optimisations

Thank you!

1 Like

I’d like to see some of the simple, but annoying, VR regressions that have been introduced in the last two SU betas be actually fixed before the final release or at the very least in the next SU.

Two specific VR issues that come to mind are the double cursors in instrument view, introduced in SU8 beta, and the half sized toolbar windows that always open in the default position and have to be stretched before they can be used everytime you open one, introduced in SU9 beta.

I strongly suggest that Asobo implements a regression test involving a cold and dark startup using a few instrument views, pushback using the ATC menu, taxi and take off of the stock A320 in VR for every alpha, beta and release candidate. Doing so would have revealed all of these simple VR regressions within a few minutes, which could then have been fixed before release.

8 Likes