What happened to todays release of CRJ700 for FS2020?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Aerosoft CRJ700 has been delayed again? I took today off from work in anticipation of it’s release. I do not see it the Marketplace, or in the Aerosoft Shop.

Regards,
Jaime

UPDATE:

EUREKA!!! It’s in the Marketplace now. I just finished purchasing, and downloading it. Go for it.

4 Likes

I did not hear of any delays from Aerosoft. So I believe it will become available later today

By the way…Took my day off as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hear you man. Maybe they’re wrapping up their European release first.

I can’t answer your questions about whether it’s been delayed or not. But the in game marketplace updates happen on Thursdays along with the dev update. So you won’t see it there until Thursday at the earliest.

As for being available on the Aerosoft site, you’ll just have to wait it out like everyone else.

If the bit about the marketplace is accurate, then that’s disappointing. Hopefully it’ll show up in the Aerosoft Shop soon. Otherwise, I wasted a vacation day.

1 Like

I think I did read on one thread that it would be released on the market place at the same time as on Aerosoft, so you may be lucky.

Hi TicToc,

Yes, I read that too.

Here’s a copy of post from Aerosoft president Mathijs Kok in reference to the CRJ 700:

" Mathijs Kok took to the forums just moments ago to announce that the “first complex and highly detailed aircraft” for Microsoft Flight Simulator will be made available through the Aerosoft Shop and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace at the same time."

That might just mean on the same day or in the same week. Hard to tell. Usually new Marketplace content is release on Thursday’s dev updates I think?

Never play on patch day, they say :smiley:
I can imagine that even once released not everything will run smooth so brace yourselves for many new threads in the 3rd party category…

1 Like

Today means tomorrow for us future people…

Why can’t they just release at midnight day of release. Gives everyone a chance to enjoy the product I just can’t understand

Midnight is day somewhere else. However you’ll do it, you do it wrong. Therefore they go best to release at a time when they are available in office hours in their timezone to react on issues if needed.

Here’s another are part of the quote from Aerosoft President Mathijs Kok

“At long last, it has been confirmed that the upcoming Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator will release on **March 16th 2021.”

“… will be made available through the **Aerosoft Shop and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace at the same time.”

If that’s the case, then it will be the first time since MSFS launch that they update the marketplace outside of a Thursday. They may make an exception this time because of the CRJ, and it would be cool if they did. And honestly, if they don’t, Microsobo will be losing out on the lion’s share of the launch day income, especially since they’ve been hyping the ■■■■ out of it during past Q&As.

1 Like

You do realize though, that the -900/1000 models will require the -700, correct? They are being sold as an expansion. Just making sure you don’t miss out on a few weeks of fun for something you’ll have to buy anyways :wink:

1 Like

You’re going to need the 700 base model anyway, as the 900/1000 is an expansion, not a standalone. Whether you buy it now or buy all of them at ones makes little difference.

Isn’t it the other way around?

If you’re in Asia/Australia we’re 12 hours ahead (future) of the US… So something that comes out on the ‘16th’ generally means the 17th for us…

3 Likes

I am reading this post and at this point I am already lost. Is today maybe tomorrow and even today is the day after tomorrow? I don’t even know what the date in the world is today :rofl: