What has MSFS done today? (23.09.21)

Oh, I totally agree about not reinstalling drivers.

1 Like

If the sim has not been updated since last used, your settings are unchanged yet you experience issue then always go back to basics and see what else on your system may have changed

Software auto-updating in the background,
Windows updates,
updates in the MS Store
If you cannot find anything take the next step and close background tasks, create exceptions in your antivirus software for the sim etc. try putting the PC in a clean boot situation (Google how to do this).
There are lots of things you can try even though seemingly nothing has knowingly been updated or changed.

As a precautionary measure I usually keep a bkp copy of all my mapped controller settings so I can simply copy back to the current profiles. I have not had any such issues, atleast not yet.

Please explain how you do this. I thought they were “In The Cloud”.

Same here - updated nVidia driver, graphics settings refreshed to “King Edward” quality. Auto-optimise already disabled for MSFS so confused

I feel that your account is not logged in to the server

1 Like

Did you update your graphics driver through GeForce experience?

Folder
c:\Users<USER NAME>\AppData\Local\Packages<your MSFS: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe>\SystemAppData\wgs<your ID: 0009000003981155_00000000000000000000000069F80140>
subfolders have files with no extension and are

1. binary garbage
  2. xml files with your custom bindings, per device and per name, readable

I zip this subfolder total as a backup now, not my find, someone on the forum

Thanks a bunch !

It was Thursday. Microsoft releases OS updates on Thursdays. I got an OS update (Win 11), noticed degraded performance in the form of CPU hitches every 7 seconds, task manager showed the GPU dropping to zero, then coming back up to the 70-ish percent it normally runs at. The graph looked like a roller coaster.

Restarted the computer, ran Windows Update. Intel graphics driver update available. Downloaded/installed. Rebooted.

Problem solved.

Check for CPU/chipset/MOBO hardware drivers and see if that works.

Yes, I use NE to record video, and to reduce colour intensity a bit so grassland doesn’t look like it’s covered with fluorescent paint.

1 Like

followed by

Which is it? Expecting bad surprises every time you start the program, or this is the first time you’ve had problems? Complaining about an issue is fine, but at least be honest about the conditions. “Every time” and “First time” are pretty different.

I don’t doubt that people are having issues, but the number of posts that claim “every update makes it worse” or “nothing is ever fixed, Asobo just breaks more things” dilute the credibility of legitimate complaints.

No, I haven’t had any problems so far and if only minor problems then I will admit that I am not one of those CTDs and have problems like that, this is really the first “bigger” problem that I could not find a solution to. The statement that I no longer have fun opening the program was more related to the fact that I read a lot about problems that somehow spoil my joy when you notice what is happening with many people who have been trying to fly for a long time and nothing works . I call that whining at a high level because you never know it will continue to go well or this time I am affected when the Sim starts.

Same issue here - it’s making the FPS jump up and down so much the game is pretty much unplayable.

So I didn’t do anything after reading yesterday. This morning I checked NVidia Experience for your tips, but I didn’t activate the game option. Started the sim with the same problem as yesterday. PC restarted and everything from Nvidia to the current driver uninstalled. PC restarted again and Sim started then it ran smoothly with the medium settings. Then I spent the morning gradually adjusting and checking the old settings again. Now it’s back to normal. Although it was not selected in the experience it must have been because after the deinstallation it now runs perfectly again with everything on Ultra.

My conclusion to this is now the following, since I only use this computer for the FS2020 and nothing else seems to make sense in this case only to install the NVidia driver and nothing else. Expirience really doesn’t seem to be needed there.

Excuse Asobo and Microsoft for suspecting you!

Doesn’t the FACT that with every update, something that once worked it broken dilute one’s confidence in the entire product?

@DrQuincy67,
Happy to see you have found your solution!

Closing topic.