What is happening with new planes on Xbox?

Very disappointing for the Xbox community once again. Where are the planes?!!! (JustFlight Piper Arrow, Simworks Kodiak, Aerosoft Twin Otter, among others available on PC)

7 Likes

You will probably need to ask the developers of each aircraft to find that out really.
I guess it could be any number of reasons or combination thereof that makes a release for the xbox less appealing to them…
Limitations of the SDK?
Constraints in what can be achieved on the xbox compared to a PC?
Perceived financial returns from the xbox may not warrant the additional workload supporting the platform is expected to cost?

1 Like

It’s supposedly an operating system issue with Xbox itself that requires an update. At this point who knows how long it will take for the update to be pushed to the Xbox as my assumption is Asobo has no influence over when this happens.

All I know is that it’s becoming increasingly frustrating each week when Thursday rolls around that the Xbox releases always end up being night lighting mods or airports when we have aircraft waiting but can’t be released due to a software limitation.

6 Likes

yep

i am get frustrated now waiting for the SC designs F16 and Just Flight Hawk.
i dont want a load of improved night scenery every week.

2 Likes

eventually xbox will get them , an aircraft devekoped for pc cant just be ported immediately to xbox it is more complicated than just hitting a switch.

I realise that, but that’s not the issue here. the aircraft are with Asobo / MS for testing already. the updates for the xbox marketplace are pretty poor.

We’ve been flooded with this night scenery stuff for week. It makes it look like they are spending time testing lighting mods instead of the planes which most people here seem to be after.

2 Likes

might make it look like they are spending more time with testing those annoying night sceneries but they arent. there are several well documented posts and article and interviews describing the challenges and differences that the sandbox xbox systems requires. Thats why the pmdg was withdrawn from marketplace.

Ok, i dont know anything about pmdg or what it is.

but i do know they are quoted as having said there were about 20 planes coming to the xbox in the next few weeks… and that was around 3 weeks ago i think.

1 Like

pmdg 737 robert randazzo. The really detailed planes with all the bells and whistles will arrive. its not that Asobo are lying around smoking cigarettes and goofing off at the office. it is a very intense process.

I am sure it is.

Though it would be better if they could provide an ETA for certain things instead of us being hopeful every week and then resulting in disappointment ala this week.

As mentioned this is a Xbox platform issue and nothing Asobo can do about. I recall Jorg said (please check the last Q&A for his exact answer) the relevant Xbox team is working on it with priority but as it requires a new solution, it’s difficult to say when it can be finished.

This would affect all more “advanced” planes.

My thought is that people are getting hung up on the exact verbage of a “few weeks” that Jorg had mentioned. A few weeks to me means anywhere from 3 weeks and on, but what do I know…

I also wouldn’t expect any new planes before SU8 goes live, doesn’t make sense for a dev to release now and then deal with potential issues when SU8 comes out. We will see.

Watch out man dont say to much you’ll prob get banned or your post removed we all wonder where the planes are for xbox been hearing about them for months not a word from Asobo don’t understand why one of the reasons I went from playing 15 hours a day to 0 look at other titles weekly content announcements roadmaps they talk to the community via Facebook Twitter etc all information I ever have found out about this game has come from random people or 3rd party devs I have never gotten anything useful from Asobo accept weekly dev updates which I’m banned from viewing on both my twitters because I left criticism I’d love to see planes every week and spend money every week but it’s impossible with their current strategy

15 hours a day? Did you fly with real world procedures and cold and dark startups plus utilizing navigraph etc or are you more a gamer gtaV type. this might explain a lot

only one solution, you need a pc !!
i am happy how it is on xbox right now, the world is so big, takes many months to fly everywhere.
eventually more will come, maybe put the game aside and try again in say half a year?

15 hours a day??? What do you do for a living???

Please…please…please at least bring the WT G3000 and CJ4 to Xbox. That would right a lot of wrongs. The WT NXi is amazing. It takes the “simulate a few things well” approach instead of the “simulate a lot of things poorly” approach that the rest of the avionics have.

1 Like

It dosent explain anything I played how I wanted I don’t judge other players styles I mixed it up for how I played I had fun I was addicted to the game until they stopped caring that is all

1 Like

they havent stopped caring, porting to xbox isnt that simple. there are many posts explaining this.

That’s crazy because i played since day 1 on xbox and always got my info from 3rd party devs never could find any help from Asobo anywhere only dev updates

1 Like