What is that in the sky?

Sat at Oslo this morning and something odd appeared in the sky?

2 Likes

Maybe an UFO :smile: or just a bug?

Could be sunspots, though I don’t think there should be that many?

No, probably a basic shading problem on the sun

THAT is the Corona-Virus! The Only One from what all the S**t happend to the world!

11 Likes

:mask: :grinning: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well it is 2020…it could be anything! I’m flying into it…see you in the alternate universe!

1 Like

It’s just a swarm of giant mosquitoes being attracted to the light of the sun

1 Like

I saw that today, myself. It is the sun shining through fog/haze. As ExtraPilot said above - shading issue.

It’s a bible-accurate angel.

1 Like

The sun with bloom off? Boring answer, i know.

No, no, no. It’s simply the color blindness test…

9 Likes

The asteroid we were expecting around election day???

2 Likes

That is the Shun.

2 Likes

It’s a portal to another dimension keep flying till you get through it! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ah you discovered our ship. Thanks, we’ll realign the modulation. We don’t want to upset humans.

2 Likes

Yeah… I see…
The very boring answer is that it’s the sun peeking through this fog and the granular appearance is due to the processing their engine does. Somewhat similar to the grainy texture you can observe in a cockpit with some lighting conditions - especially visible in VR.

Otherwise, I do vote for the coronavirus mothership.

2 Likes

When I landed in Anchorage back in February, I saw it as I was taxiing. The way it sparkled, faded away and burst forth again only to fade again, my first impression was the game was simulating fireworks. But, it was only the sun.

See: Anchorage Fireworks

All the people moaning about bad FPS stuck together for revenge. Beware! Do you have namelables enabled?

You gave covid to your flight sim obviously…poor MSFS.

It’s the vaccine to fix your performance woes. Beware of its side effects though