What the heck happened to the FPS in SU11

It’s crazy isn’t it?
The stutters (when panning) are a major off put

5 Likes

Could you guid we’re and how to clean the “Also cleared the Direct X Shader Cache” so that I can also get this done :white_check_mark: thanks a lot much appreciated

Regards,

Stan

Std windows disk clean up utility then select ‘directX shader cache’ as it doesn’t get added as default. You should be doing this after every NVidia driver update before starting the sim.

So -

Windows 10/11 → Start → Disk CleanUp (App) → C:\ → OK → DirectX Shader Cache (4th choice down) → OK

1 Like

Since the latest nvidia driver my fps was fine no stutters frames locked at 40 fps absolutely fine until 3 days ago where i started getting bad stutters and fps drops… i havent changed a thing in my settings or added anything to my community folder so i dont understand why all of a sudden im getting the stutters and fps drops? Very confusing…

5 Likes

First time in SU11 and was not impressed. Same as reported here. Terrible performance. Mostly in airports or near cities.
I tried everything mentioned above and more.

I ended up turning on DX12 with a LOD at 100 and DLSS on
Then i turned all the in game traffic settings off and all the traffic sliders down.
Working like butter now. 3800x, RTX3080. Decent 40 frame average on the ground now.
Pretty sure traffic/CPU performance is a regression issue from way back when the sim was released. IIRC, turning off traffic fixed it for me back then too.

YMMV. Not exactly immersive but alteast my cockpit isn’t a slideshow when sitting at a gate anymore.

1 Like

No real improvement with performance with yesterdays patch - I wasnt really expecting any as it wasnt listed in the notes but was hoping for some improvement. At least its no worse so I guess I have to live with it and see if the next SU brings back what I had with SU 10

3 Likes

They are simply incapable of mastering the stuttering which progresses with each update even with powerfull equipment and they will never manage to do so.before the SU10 I was shooting with a TLOD of 150 without any stuttering so something must have been and in the end it’s no use complaining and reporting bugs since they don’t fix them I would be very curious to see what are the bugs that are really fixed with each update of the sim I said in a previous comment that I don’t care to have new planes that are useless to me but that the important thing was the stability and the fluidity of the sim for me they do not know how to correct the degradations they have created and for a sim over 100 dollars it’s serious
when you see that the latest generation processors and high-end graphics cards do not last the distance there are really questions to ask
For me the sim is not unplayable but getting 2 or 3 lags while taxiing and a 2 or 3 second freeze on final approach is simply unacceptable

4 Likes

Stutters on pan can be avoided by setting terrain pre-caching to Ultra so things don’t constantly unload and reload as much while panning.

This will use more VRAM, so make sure you’re not going over your available allocation space or you’ll get even worse stutters. :wink:

Nope. Mine has been set to Ultra since this even became an option, my VRAM never exceeds about 7.6GB of the 8GB in my 3070, and the stutters with SU11 (which are new) are intolerable.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Good luck!

Please please please help, I have 2 machines both with 5700XT. One version runs fine FPS in the menu, the other doesn’t. I’ve also attached stress test on the problem machine showing that the GPU works.

MSFS on the problem machine is just not talking to the GPU.

(apparently I can only upload one image)

latest patch and since SU 11 terrible performance, I completely agree! Hooe they fix it soon…
13900K 4090

3 Likes

Agreed - the patch made it worse the initial SU 11

3 Likes

Current Set Up: I basically shut off almost ALL Graphics stuff on the graphics page.

Photogrammetry is THE thing that adds in the very highly detailed graphical eye candy. With this setup, I can fly above 2500 feet or so with the F/A 18 Hornet and not freeze up, and I can - of course - fly and hover in front of all the eye candy graphics with the little helicopter, or do low and slow flyby’s with the C-152, which is fun.

Going down my Graphics Settings:

Full Screen, 1920x1280, Anti-Aliasing is OFF, Render Scaling is 1920x1080 (100%), V-Synch is off as is the nVidia option thing., BS12 Beta (seems to work better for me), Custom, because I change things from the Low End Machine settings. (I start if off with the Low-End settings, then do the following)…

Terrain Level of Detail (and I just saw what LOD means!)… I set for 100.
Objects Level of Detail is also set to 100.

To make this real easy, EVERYTHING ELSE is set to OFF or LOW, and the only reason I use LOW, is because it doesn’t offer an OFF setting.

The items which have a number to choose from, I use the LOWEST setting, and double check it is set for that low setting.

The exception is the Glass Cockpit Refresh Rate, which I set to HIGH… I tried lower settings and was not happy with it, so I use the HIGH setting here.

ON THE DATA PAGE:

Scroll down, and I do have a 10gb Rolling Cache set up, but I don’t really know if I need that at all.

Scrolling back up to the top, I have Online Services turned on, Bing Data World Graphics is ON (this is basically a picture of the ground, so at higher altitudes, looking down, things look fine with all of this and NO PHOTOGRAMMETRY, but yet, because I turned everything else to low or off, I turn on Photogrammetry too.

Now - IF the program gives me a hard time, I cut off Photogrammetry first. If everything is working OK, I leave it at that, if not, I kill off Bing World Data Graphics too - there are some things that come in on Online Services that I like to keep on, but if things still give me a bit of a pain, I will also cut off Online Services… between all of this nonsense, I can have hours of enjoyable flying.

Here is the ticket… I do not use clouds at all, I only use Fair Weather because I am not following roads, it is mostly IFR, but no IMC!

Further, as long as all of the ROADS are in the right place (and they seem to be!), and the major lakes and such are too (they also seem to be!), I am good to fly!

My performance TANKED. I followed a bunch of bad advice on the youtubes (I wont say who) and it made it worse. I was spending hours…hours…starting, restarting, fiddling etc with settings. I went to my BIOS and made everything default. Nothing worked.

You want to know what worked? Going back to my XMP profile and setting my usual clock speed and resetting my NVIDIA Control panel to defaults. I set to max performance and Gsync.

Performance is great with traffic, TLOD LOD at 125, etc etc. Most settings high or ultra, 2k res.

2080ti and 8086k at 5ghz. 32 ram

2 Likes

Hi AlienWord444282.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems :slightly_smiling_face:

I wonder if maybe you might get a better response and stand a better chance of help if you set up a separate thread where the problem could be discussed in more depth. Hidden within this thread the chances of you getting any real help I think are quite small.

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just had eaten my own words.
Out of nowhere, my performance tanked again. Mid flight.
KJFK was a solid and locked 30 with all types of traffic. Mid flight to KBOI and it goes clear down to 5-10fps.
I turned traffic off, all of it.
I turned off and on the online functionality from the sim.
LOD/TLOD I moved from 125 to 0. Yes, Zero.
I moved all sliders down to low from high/ultra.

Nope. Still an FPS loss. I have very little mods despite 737 from PMDG.

What is going on with this simulator. I can’t believe this was flagged. I bleeped everything out.
Don’t remove a post unless it actually say something offensive.

4 Likes

With SU11 my sim was better than it had been for 6-9 months. I was finally able to have a few flight with no problems.

Slowly but surely within the past week and a half, things have ONCE AGAIN become worse.
Sure enough they release a patch, and we’re back for the 5th time to stuttering, extreme lag upon landing and just an impossibility to enjoy the simulator.

I’ve given up any hope that they will make this sim STABLE and ENJOYABLE.

1 Like