What to expect on 18th August

Quite a dream!

I expect ASOBO to do their best to fix as many issues as they can ā€¦

and I expect the Community to do their worst to complain about trivial things that really have nothing to do with a ā€œflight Simulatorā€

I hope I am both RIGHT ā€“ and WRONG

3 Likes

So CTDs, Zero ATC and now I learned VORs are not working, missing cursors, and out-of-the-blue issues with peripherals are minor issues for an airplane simulator? Guess you just like pretty pictures eh?

1 Like

ā€¦and once you get over the initial oooā€™s and awwwā€™s and start noticing, the pictures arenā€™t even THAT pretty.

Cue the screenshot of the sunset over a snow capped mountain while the game is paused and set on unplayable settings, from someone, as proof that I am wrong.

1 Like

OUCH, if I had all your problems with this Sim I would of left it months ago, all your threads are so negative, yet provide no solutionsā€¦So what can Asobo do?

1 Like

Now there are no ā€œunplayable settingsā€ and ā€œhelp me I have so much stuttering on my $5000 GeForce 3090 Gigantomanic Premium Scalper Deluxe with 2000 watt PSUā€ problems anymore :wink:

Every midrange computer with decent last-gen CPU and cheap Ryzen second Zen generation can run everything maxed out on ultra (and way beyond with LOD 4.00000) on 1920x1080.

ThatĀ“s why I hope that the graphics and LOD distance and autogen polygon quality will get a massive visual upgrade (SU4-PC-top-notch-visuals shaders and lighting).

Because Ultra is no longer the Ultra of old. When it gets its ā€œmassive visual upgradeā€ these people you describe with low end system able to run at Ultra will no longer be able to do so, as these LOD reductions, and excessive cache culling are some of the reasons why we have better performance. I expect a return to normality when these issues are addressed.

2 Likes

I expect a game that is more stable than it was when it was released, but allow me to doubt.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not expecting much, maybe some sort of Anniversary Video or something including a pat on the back on how well theyā€™ve done this past year (!).
Iā€™d like to see a Surprise Free Plane or Airport or some sort of decent content like a lot of Racing Sim Devs, but itā€™ll probably end up being a 1 Year Anniversary Livery or something boring like that.

4 Likes

Other than this thread, I canā€™t find anything regarding an update on the 18th. Are we talking about the 26th?

There is no update on the 18th. Itā€™s the first anniversary of the sims release, marked nothing more than for posterity.

1 Like

They usually do one every monthā€¦ and they are definitely due. I imagine a lot of them at Asobo are on Holiday. Obviously they will all be back to the table for August 26th release of WU6

yes, it really IS that bad.

5 Likes

Are you a developer?
Did SU5 stop you from releasing something?

That is uncalled for. Childlike.

3 Likes

I second that.
No expectations are the best expectation.
:speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Is it another big update?
I am getting really excited :slight_smile: maybe even a new plane or some cockpit graphics bugs fixed.

My money is on us getting a new promo trailer and a livery similar to the existing MSFS and XBox ones but in pink or orange or something, rather than blue or green.

I knew it was a joke as soon as I saw contrails :joy:

1 Like

hoping for the preview changelog for the bugfixes that are planed to come alomg with wu6ā€¦