What would it take to do for the B58 Barron what was done with the Longititude mod?

What files need to be recreated and what kind of data do we need to create them?

1 Like

I’d be interested in a mod for the Baron also.

2 Likes

:smiley: Funnily enough, i took the Baron for a flight last night and had exactly the same thought as you!

If we keep flying the Asobo planes with mods, they are never going to get better because that is exactly what Asobo wants, so they don’t have to stress about their poor exisiting state of all of their planes, specially the ones in Premium and Deluxe packages for which they charged a pretty penny. If you remove all the mods from Community, specially aircraft related and instruments mods, what do really have to fly? Not very much, a nice assortment of defective planes ill suited for flight simulation, and that is the way I judge the improvement after each update. If I really want to flight sim, I fired up my other sim, is not as pretty, but everything works, and I can flght and practice.

Asobo wants to show you the world, I think they are not well equipped to makes all their planes 75% suitable for full release sim.

We are still doing beta in that aspect (airplane) for them, sad but true. If anything, all the mods have kept Asobo from doing a better job in the aircrafts.

1 Like

So I finally took a look at the difference between an encrypted and an open aircraft and found the following files missing from the B58

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\RTC\Asobo_Baron_G58\CameraShot_Events.spb

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\aircraft.cfg
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\engines.cfg 
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\flight_model.cfg
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\systems.cfg

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\Checklist\Baron_G58_Checklist.xml *Assumed File Name
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\Checklist\Library.xml

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\model\Baron_G58.xml *Assumed File Name
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\model\Baron_G58_LOD00.bin *Assumed File Name
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\model\Baron_G58_LOD00.gltf *Assumed File Name
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\model\Baron_G58_interior.xml *Assumed File Name
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\model\Baron_G58_interior_LOD00.bin *Assumed File Name
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\model\Baron_G58_interior_LOD00.gltf *Assumed File Name

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\panel\panel.xml

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\sound\sound.xml

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\soundai\soundai.xml

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\TEXTURE\ *Difference here but not sure if its encypted file or just differenes in plane texture content.

From my understanding these key four files have to be recreated to get any kind of mod going, assuming we dont want to change things like, checklists, model, sound, soundai, and possibly textures.

asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\aircraft.cfg
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\engines.cfg 
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\flight_model.cfg
asobo-aircraft-baron-g58\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Baron_G58\systems.cfg

Does anyone know if the G58 uses the engines.cfg and systems.cfg file from the Asobo_Generic_Piston_MultiEngines folder? If so, what other aircraft also uses this file?

1 Like

I don’t know. But it’s a good place to start.

I’ve got a working G58 Baron mod. I took the turbo engine from another mod and got it to work with the Baron, it’s now turbo normalized and is really fun. I used some of the info in the engine.cfg file from the FSX Baron - mostly engine placement, etc.

I’m still tweaking it a little but it right now everything seems to work ok and it really goes. My testing shows over 228kts at FL200, burning around 18 gph a side.

The mod is just a engine.cfg file that overwrites the encrypted one. In fact, the mod is nearly identical (except two engines) to my Mooney Turbo Mod. Mooney M20R Ovation Turbo Mod » Microsoft Flight Simulator

I can upload it and you guys can maybe use it as a base for further modding.

What does this have to do with the topic?

I see it took you 30 day to digest my comment, but if you don’t get it, is fine, keep asking for mods, Asobo will never get it right, we are doing their work, I am over and out.

I’m sure it will use its own ones, which are encrypted in the fsarchive folders. In fact, IMO, the fsarchive files are simply the performance files encrypted (if you check out the file sizes)…

It should be possible to mod this aircraft, if the respective replacement performance files are placed in the community folder.

The Bonanza and the Baron use the same engine I think. So could use the Bonanza’s engine.cfg as a model.

When Asobo unencrypted the performance files, a mod was finally able to be made. Check it out.

How do we know this is “real”? What are the author’s bona fides?

Well Asobo just updated the Premium offerings, and their dynamics. If that’s not good enough then you can give this mod a go. I’d say he’s grabbed some numbers from the manual, and tuned it to make it feel right.

And if you still don’t think it’s accurate enough, that’s fine as it’s optional.
Or grab your own numbers, make it right, and share it for everyone! :+1:

Doesn’t really answer my question, but thanks for your contribution

I would offer to help, but I’ve only flown the old style B55 and B58 Barons. And that was around 10 years ago. And I’m in the process of doing a million other things including moving a country or two again so unfortunately I can’t offer more than that for now.

You could say the same about any of the developers though. How many developers are pilots, and how many have flown the aircraft being modelled?

I’ve flown 42 different types, but most of those were quite a long time ago. So even my input would be a little outdated, except for A320 stuff which I’m current on.

This is why opening the config files to the community is so important, as the best we can do is model them to the numbers, and then refer to pilots that currently operate these aircraft to fine tune their models to match their expectations.