What's in Update 6? (and when?)

Guys, set your expectations. On the Twitch call they said verbatim that patch 6 is tiny/small and only addressed one or two honeycomb/thrustmaster config implementations or something to that effect.

1 Like

Please no more updates. If the sim works for you play it. If it doesn’t go back to XPlane. There shouldn’t be expectations that a patch will fix your issue.

Why do you think a 4k monitor will fix the problem?

Because I’ll be limited by the GPU and not the CPU which causes stutters if you’re cpu bottleneck

1 Like

I have i9-10900k (OC) and 3080 (OC) 32bg ram, 5140*1440p resolution, smooth as butter everywhere with ULTRA settings.

1 Like

In the latest blog ([BLOG] November 5th, 2020 Development Update), the next patch is scheduled for 10th Nov:

The only reference to what’s in it is the fair-weather lightning:

The last Q&A is here:

No afraid not

I think they should take the pressure off themselves and stop scheduling patches. Patches should only be released when thoroughly tested and ready. Otherwise we get on this endless loop of fixing fixes.They should also only fix one thing at a time.

2 Likes

What do you have on your render scale?

100% no need for more, very sharp picture.

wish carenado were as responsive as the FBW team, will have a new update out before they have fixed the issues from the hotfix! :smiley:

I’m upgrading from a 1440p. I’m getting my 4K monitor today.

Too bad I don’t know how to OC my hardware but that’s okay. I’m pretty sure I can run it at maybe 80-90 render scale

1 Like

So, you don’t think there’s any difference between render scale 100 to 150-200?

You dont get much benetit for GPU OC, many motherboard bios have automatic CPU overcloking bossibility. So very easy to do. Turn it ON only and CPU is overclocked.

Just noticed I have Low Latency Mode on Ultra in the Nvida Control Panel.
Also V-sync off in the Nvida Control Panel since I don’t have a Gsync or freesync monitor.

So what does the low latency mode supposed to do?

Oh really? Do I have to be careful after I turn it on?
How much performance would I benefit from it?

No risk. Bios overclocking is safely, google your motherboard +overclocking cpu. My i9 10900k went about to 5ghz, much difference compared to stocking clock.

It doesn’t look like they’re putting much in this update, so it might not have too many problems.

They are caught a bit in the middle - lots of users complaining about things needing fixing, and others saying they should slow down, or perhaps even stop the updates completely.

I have the same CPU as you.
Mobo: Asus Maximum Hero XII

Is it like a straight forward option that says “Automatic CPU overclock.” lol.