What's your favourite aircraft type and why?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You are great :+1: :wink:

1 Like

It’s pretty good! It flies to the POH pretty closely, and the “feel” (and look) when landing is very familiar. I think you could use it as a training tool for student pilots…

Turboprops are xtremely cool. But I ask myself if I need another 300kn/800NM aircraft.

But I would go down on my knees for a Piaggio P180 Avanti Evo.

Or an turbocharged G58 (cougar ptototype)

Also I really like to see one from the constellation series some day, maybe the starliner. Ok, also just 300kn but for 5.000NM and an whole day :sunglasses:

Longitude because I love bizjets, but I love airliners too, the more modern the better. Love glass cockpits, the bigger the screen the better, HUD is a huge plus, not the rubbish we have on FS2020, but HUDs like that of PMDG, that are actual HUDs with the image projected at infinity, not a paint on the Hud screen, nor 2 inches behind the glass like in the 787 and CRJ. Useless!!!. I have an eyesight too poor to read the steam gauges, otherwise I would love them too. Love the c172, first ga aircraft I flew in flight simulator, that was FS2002 if I’m not mistaken.

Also love any GA piston or turboprop so long as it has glass cockpit. Love the garmins g1000, 3000, 5000, and synthetic vision is a must. Love the Cirrus sr22, but the one in the sim is a mockery of the real thing. Haven’t touched it once. Torquesim did a wonderful job of it in X-Plane 11, and I wish they’d develop for FS2020. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

787 and A350 are my favorite airliners. I actually got this sim because of the Longitude and the 78X.

A truly beautiful high performance aircraft. One of my very favorite designs…

5 Likes

As an Italian I can only agree with you, it is a work of art :wink:

2 Likes

Truly the Ferrari of the skies, yes? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:+1: More than an airplane, it is a real icon

2 Likes

Well, I managed to drive a Ferrari once in my life, I still have to work on the plane a little bit, but I trust you :wink:

Currently th Justflight piper the only one I’ve actually flown.
Admittedly only a one hour flying lesson.
I was hands on for about 90% of hour, really surprised when instructor said you first pilots seat.
Previously in Fsx was realair Sf 260.:grin:

It is the Lambomasorivamaserrari of the skies :star_struck:

2 Likes

Best plane for me is AN-24

2 Likes

Which reminds me, whatever happened to the Dash 8 Q-400 that Majestic announced for MSFS 2020 last August…?

GA single and twin engine props.
Also impatiently waiting for the Twin Otter

:drooling_face: this is professional stuff…

Most of all I love 70’s/80’s cabin-class GA twins such as the Beech Duke, Turbo Commander 690, and Cessna 414/421, because those are what my uncle has mostly owned and I’ve had a chance to ride in with him.

Also smaller classic GA piston singles (especially low-wing such as the Piper Archer and Arrow, I’ve always thought they looked more “business-like” and “grown-up” compared to the Cessna equivalents), as well as the newer bigger high-tech turboprop singles that seem to be able to do a little of everything (such as the TBM and Pilatus PC-12).

And finally I have a soft spot for small to medium 70’s/80’s airliners (such as the Fairchild Metroliner, DC-9, 727, 737-200, on up to the 757 and of course the Concorde) and business jets (Lear 23 and 25, Dassault Falcon 50).

In general these are what I grew up seeing, reading about, riding in, or wanting to ride in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.