When is DX12 Fix sheduled?

Im glad you said that. Ill add that it also depends on how you’re playing. For instance, on monitor im GPU GPU limited. In VR? its crushing my CPU.

We don’t need raytracing for the sim period. What we do need is a stable sim with updates in several facets for the future years to come.

3 Likes

I do have my sim installed on D, but the folder is protected. I even used psexec to open a command prompt as system, and even it couldn’t write into those folders.

What did you see in the log files that were created when you tried? They are quite comprehensive,and would indicate which API calls failed.

from a command prompt did you try attrib -R flightsim.exe (just an example) the attrib command might still be around in a cmd mode on Xbox, you could try.

Even if that worked, it would only work for that one file, rather than the entire folder, and I wouldn’t need to touch that file, just write in two DLL’s to the folder it sits in. It’s an interesting idea though, and of the three games I tried yesterday, all worked with the DX11 to Vulkan dll.

I suspect that any changes detected might end up getting overwritten by the launcher, but I’m not sure. I think it might detect a change to an existing file that it knows about, but perhaps not one it is not expecting to see.

attrib will take wildcards so you could attrib -R /longasspath/"*"and that should unprotect everything, I just dont know if that attrib command is available to xbox…

The folder doesn’t have that attribute set:

attrib D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
SH D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

And the files inside have none set whatsoever.

attrib FlightSimulator.exe
D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Yet if you try to write to that folder:

dir > testfile.txt
The media is write protected.

On top of that, when I tried to make a copy of everything in that folder, even in an elevated command prompt, it errored when trying to copy the main executable.

xcopy /E Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe D:\testcopy

Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Access denied

I won’t waste any more time on it, but its an interesting concept, and one Steam users will likely have much more luck with.

Interesting, I didnt think there was another way to set file attibs. More MS hoodoo I guess… BTW did you know you cant use wildcards in the forums because it interprets them as BB Code lol…

Oh wait you are opening command prompt as admin right? not just a plain old user?

You mean like:

dir *.exe

Admin, and even beyond that using “psexec” to open a command prompt as SYSTEM, so more rights than local admins.

You can delimit some with the “\” character, so they are printed literally. I had to put two of those in there to get one to print.

LOL yeah when I did it a couple of post up it would drop the *

If there’s a non-raytracing way to get reflections that don’t have huge gaps in them, that’d be fine too. :slight_smile:

Now this, this I agree with. :smiley:

Yeah, thats all i need is people saying they need raytracing or its unplayable. Then whine because performance is unplayable. Lol

3 Likes

Hopefully this will make Microsoft use MSFS as the platform to develop and test a Vulkan beating API.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.