When is the marketplace updated?

Do we know exactly when the marketplace gets updated? Is it a scheduled thing? I noticed that there’s something called third party updates on the road map, is this another word for marketplace update?

1 Like

It should happen today

1 Like

I was just about to make post about the same exact thing. When is the marketplace updated? Is it weekly, daily, on a set day? Can plane makers make it available whenever they want so long as MS approve the plane? I might be missing something, but I’m pretty sure MS never went into detail about this.

You’re right, so does that mean 3rd party updates are indeed what the marketplace updates are called?

Weekly, every Thursday afternoon in EST timezone.
It is still a bit of a mystery on how products end up in there, i.e. a developer submits a product to Microsoft and it gets released in the marketplace several weeks or months after. Or never.

There’s an interesting quote on the release page of this very cool plane. I’m sure in a recent Q&A, MS said they don’t need to do much in the way of checking when they “ingest” a new plane into the market place. However this developer says at can take 4 to 7 weeks for MS review and test the plane.

After our internal testing is complete, our Spitfire will be flown over to Microsoft who will then conduct their own testing & review to ensure it is up to standard for the Microsoft Marketplace. We’ve been informed that this process can take somewhere from 4-7 weeks

2 Likes

Thanks! ^ this is the best explanation or example on this issue that i’ve seen so far.

Does “Third Party Update” also mean that already released scenery gets a fix or a update?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.