When will we have really 3d clouds?

when will we have really 3d clouds like in the real photo example below? currently the aircraft crosses the cloud layer but seems “protected” by an invisible bubble, we don’t see clouds in the engine and clipping the wings. The real photo below speaks for me.

Thanks.

3 Likes

The clouds are objective, the vision is subjective, and there is no standard at all!!! The clouds are changing every minute. It doesn’t matter whether they are real or dreamy.

The current clouds in the game are already fully volumetric/3D.

Just, it seems Asobo added an exclusion polygon around the plane to prevent issues such as clouds entering the cabin, cockpit, etc…

But instead of having this polygon exactly fit the interior of the plane, they chose the lazy way and had it fit the whole bounding box of the plane (so it includes the space above/below wings, next to engines, etc.).

This is the reason why you never see clouds close to the plane. They should fix that asap, it’s particularily immerson breaking.

6 Likes

And this kind of response I like to see. Real simmers and not fan boys! You said it very well, there seems to be this polygon that doesn’t let the aircraft “cut” the clouds like in real life and that’s terrible, it breaks the immersion completely. Glad we have real simmers in the community. I agree 100% with you, I hope this becomes a priority on the fix list. A hug!

1 Like

Note that Asobo likes to keep track of this sort of request through wishlist threads, so you might want to either create one or ask the mods to move this into the wishlist section.

([note to mods - This is not a solicitation for votes; I’m just explaining how the system works.])

I also recommend being as clear and concise as possible in the thread title: it needs to be understandable as an actionable problem or request, like “flying in clouds should affect visibility of wing and engines”.

1 Like

There is a current wish on this:

Before moving a topic into the wishlist or creating a new one, please search for existing topics as this splits votes if a duplicate is created.

2 Likes