Where are the AI aircraft?

I’ve played over 200hrs and flew in and out of LAX, LHR, JFK, BOS etc and not seen one AI aircraft at a gate or on the ground.
I have seen the AI at high alt but even those are few and far between.
I did buy a ground AI pack recently and even those are missing.
Anyone else suffer from this?

I do not, but I have heard some have. I actually see quite a bit of MSFS AI online traffic both on the ground and in the air. It is obviously only a fraction of what real-life would show, but it adds a great element of realism and immersion.

I even have my traffic setting at about 15.

1 Like

If they show all the real life traffic in the current AI conditions, we won’t be able to take off and land because the traffic will constantly get a go around and circle the airspace and the airport will be full of runway incursion and excursion. It’s good that it’s only showing “some” real life traffic. It provides a balance between having a lively airspace and airport, but still manageable that you will have your turn to take off and land.

2 Likes

The Live Traffic AI have been spinning in circles at the gates a lot lately, they also pull off the runway and when they reach the taxiway they spin in circles seemingly not know which direction to go… :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That wouldn’t be an issue if AI traffic would vacate the runway immediately instead of slowing down to a snails pace after landing and often spinning in circles instead of leaving the runway. If they fixed that so much more traffic would be able to be displayed.

2 Likes

Right, and maybe also ATC wouldn’t be telling you and ■■■■ near every other AI plane to go around…

If you’re lucky! At many airports they don’t even vacate the runway. And often that runway is also used for TO, which causes mayhem: >10 planes zooming over the airport and 8 planes lined up for a TO that can never happen. :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply all.
Bucsgolf, that’s interesting that you are set at 15% I’m at 100 and there’s nothing at stand, taxiing or taking off.
Whats needed is a good AI add on

Quick update.
After update ix the AI are back on the ground.
Have Live AI switched on.
Just need on a decent Traffic add on for Xbox, its what makes it that bit immersive.