Where can I find a copy of the license?

Hi all- is an official copy of the End User Agreement / license available somewhere online?

thanks

Yes from the Home tab at the top.
They are just the same as all other MS stuff, and there is a lot of rules in it.
Here is a link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/servicesagreement

1 Like

Thank you! Is this specifically for MS FS? Looks very general to me.

[EDIT] FS is not covered in this agreement.

1 Like

Ah yes it is, as it’s under the xbox services

The following products, apps and services are covered by the Microsoft Services Agreement, but may not be available in your market.

• Windows Store
  • Xbox Game Pass
  • Xbox Game Studios games, apps and websites
  • Xbox Live Gold
  • Xbox Live
  • Xbox Music
  • Xbox Store

And then there is this:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/rules

1 Like

Hey there,

Thanks for the leads.

Unfortunately, FS isn’t listed in the apps, and I’m not seeing anything specific to MSFS elsewhere… “Usage Rules” isn’t the same as a EULA.

Still looking…

The game license agreement can be found in game, in the settings under general → other

1 Like

Thanks - I don’t currently have it installed. I’ve contacted Microsoft; you’d think this was one of the most complicated questions they’ve recieved :slight_smile:

Literally on the phone over 45 minutes, and several people thought it was a part of 365… lol.

Is it in a format you would be able to share/post?

Unfortunately not, based on my own experiments I cannot copy and paste the licence. I will ask the other moderators to see if they know another route of obtaining it. As for support, you may be better off asking MSFS Support which you can find here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com.

And I remember when we used to get a .txt or .pdf… :slight_smile:

Zendesk: Done - thanks.

Unfortunately the legal part in the system is a list of licenses and copyrights that MS uses in the development of the game. Not really an EULA.’'I still stand by the MSFS is under the xbox licensing banner in that it is a XBOX game and part of that.

If you are a developer then you need to review the SDK license and if you didn’t read it when you installed it, I can’t find a way to review it. But I did get a chuckle out of it when I did read it.

“You agree that Microsoft will suffer irreparable harm in the event you breach this Section 1(g) and that monetary damages in such event would be inadequate to compensate Microsoft. Consequently, Microsoft will be entitled, in addition to such monetary relief as may be recoverable by law, to such temporary, preliminary and/or permanent injunctive relief as may be necessary to restrain any continuing or further breach by you, without showing or proving any actual damages sustained by Microsoft.”

And you get:

“LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. IF YOU HAVE ANY BASIS FOR RECOVERING DAMAGES DESPITE THE PRECEDING DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY, YOU CAN RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO U.S. $5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.”

:rofl:

1 Like

Well, that’s a giant WTF.

“permanent injunctive relief as may be necessary to restrain any continuing or further breach by you, without showing or proving any actual damages sustained by Microsoft.”

I’m pretty sure that means that an assault team in mech suits can show up and… have a word with you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.