Where did my house go after WU3

Hi Asobo,

I am raising a ticket as well for what its worth but wanted to bring something to your attention, before WU3 and even when the game was initially released here in the UK where I live my house was represented and the local area was done very well in fact perfectly! Roads, Trees and especially houses. I live in Winchester UK and yes everything was easily recognisable even my house which was amazing.

Fast forward to WU3 and I thought I would see my house but sharper, this was not the case in fact the area is not that recognisable anymore (WINCHESTER UK) and has completely wrong autogen as the house next to me although very large is now depicted as a large block of flats, the pub also that orignially looked like a house (acceptable roof colour) NOW again is a block of flats?!? I know you cant spend time on individual areas but Winchester was great before the update and is now largely an autogen mess with completely wrong buildings.

Please can we address, I am sure this is the same for other areas also.

Kind regards

Duncan

I always think the auto-gen works randomly for each flight. Sometimes it renders it as a small house, sometimes it renders as a tall block of flats. You restart the flight at fly to the same area, it’ll render a different building. That’s what auto-gen is, it just took a satellite picture and “imagine” what the 3D would look like. I don’t think they have access to what the actual building 3D model looks like.

I think what you want is just an unrealistic expectations over what the AI could do. It has limits. It’s not a perfect machine. Nothing is.

You could however, turn on the Dev mode, and place your own custom-made 3D model of your house, and place it in the world as an add-on package.

That way, your custom house model will always be rendered as a priority over the auto-gen one.

Just to rule out a common thing: have you checked if your online and bing data are set to “ON”.
Updates occassiinaly set it to “off” by itself and you have to turn it on again

Maybe that helps.

Since the update my two-storey house has turned into a bungalow, and my detatched single-storey garage has become a two-storey house which extends half-way across the road. When I look at Bing Maps for the area though this isn’t particularly surprising as the aerial photography must have been done early in the morning, and with the amazingly long shadows it would be difficult for any AI to reliably reproduce reality.

Thanks Guys but seriously every time before WU3 it had my house perfect ( well the roof and proportion) it shows same ugly block of flats after WU3

Ohh, my apologies… I didn’t know the sim has to revolve around getting your one house to be rendered perfectly as the most important thing in this sim…

I was just saying that WU3 seems to of put a few things out of sync

It’s not just the UK. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is now an oval farm with random buildings on it. It hasn’t been a farm since about 1900. It used to be perfect in MSFS 2020. What happened?
When MSFSM was released in Aug 20’ it boasted that the scenery was based on Expedia Maps.
UPDATE: Thanks Wined 2310 it was the Bing Data, it had been set off.

3 Likes

Have you raised a ticket