Where is the Snow? Minneapolis St Paul (KMSP)

I wanted to check out the snow, so I am sitting on the runway at Minneapolis St. Paul and it looks like clear skies with Live Weather enabled.

I have to admit that I am actually in California, but according to current weather maps, I should be seeing snow. Am I doing something wrong? Is this working for anyone?

1 Like

I just checked on mine and this is the picture I have using live weather.

Hmmmm… Ok, thanks. I wonder if it is the server I am connected to, or my settings?

I’ll look into it further. Thanks for checking it out for me.

I flew into MSP from O’Hare on VATSIM at the same time hoping for a snowy approach and experienced the same thing - clear skies in every direction into Minneapolis on Live Weather. Dissapointing

I finally got it to work. I checked which server I was connected to. I’m in California but I was connected to the East US server. The latency on the West US server was very high. I tried forcing it to use the West US server and that didn’t work either. So I restarted the sim and went back to KMSP and the weather was working correctly this time. So maybe my connection to the server had gone stale? Or I just got lucky after I restarted the sim.

A good tip I once read in this forums was awhile ago, but once I done this I get live weather every time that is accurate to local metar reports,

See how it works for you, you simply just have to right click on the launch icon and run as administrator

1 Like

I just tried KMSP too. Some cloud cover. No snow. Tried east and west servers, disconnected and reconnected to xbox. When you click live weather it loads snow on ground for a brief moment, then clean asphalt. Something aint right

If live weather seems wonky, changing to a different type until it stabilizes and then back will sometimes force it to re-think reality. Also, the Unreal Weather mod is a mighty fine addition to the sim.

1 Like

Unreal wx is showing snow on ground but none falling

1 Like

I live in Minneapolis and I can attest to the fact that it is snowing here. Sideways.

2 Likes

I wanna fly there in the dang snow

@blueline308, It’s possible to have snow on the grass or dirt, but not on the runway or other concrete or asphalt surfaces. Did you try flying around to see if you can see snow anywhere?

Thinking of trying an XCub at KMIC, ~20 mile NW of KMSP. I live under the pattern.

Yes I did…No joy

This what KMSP looks like with live weather on East server with a 23ms ping. I give up :slight_smile:

@blueline308, the only thing that worked for me was restarting MSFS. Of course I may have gotten lucky and it was just a coincidence.

I have tried that twice. I went to somewhere else (cant recall where) that showed snow falling…somewhere in Canada and no snow either

I turned off ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY in DATA settings and Unreal WX still worked. Turned it back on and Live WX still a no go…LOL

Maybe I will file a bug report. Of course if more people do that it will get more attention.

I dont understand how it works for some ppl and not others…