Where is this place? Pic inside…

From the loading screen, where is the middle Rocky place? I’d like to go fly over it myself!

It looks a little like the Blue Mountains, basically west of Sydney. You could fly out of Katoomba in a GA, and go looking for the 3 sisters nearby. The Justflight warrior would be a good choice or perhaps the default 172.

Another good flight I completed a few days ago was YLIL (Lilydale) to YMBT (Mount Beauty), then on to YSCB (Canberra)

2 Likes

Thank you!

Tasmania is also a picturesque, worth doing a tour of the whole island in several hops again in a GA aircraft preferably or helicopter. :slight_smile:
I must go back there one day. :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your generous reply!!

I got a chance to check it out for a few minutes…

Here’s a quick video of my delightful flight around Katoomba on my iPhone!

Beautiful place!

3 Likes

I didn’t know iPhones could fly, was that in an IOS update? :crazy_face::wink:

Glad you had a good flight. I had recently passed through there myself and spent a lot of time flying in Oz some years ago so reasonably familiar with nice areas to fly. Really you cannot go far wrong flying up the east side.

In fact let me suggest a long trip for you to complete over days, or even weeks/months as it may suit you. Start in Hobart in Tasmania and fly to the north west of the island… choose you own route stop of where it suits you.
Make the flight across to mainland Australia, maybe head west along the coast initially to take in the 12 Apostles then double-back towards Melbourne. As I said earlier then make your way up the eastern side of Oz to its northern most point, from here you can do a series of island hops before making the crossing to Papa New Guinea where you could explore your way west and quite frankly before you know it you could be on your way to making a complete world tour.

I did a world tour starting and finishing in the U.K. several years ago (in real-time) in P3D in A2A’s Comanche (single engine piston engine). I made a point of completing it as a continuous trip, I.e. always took ff from where I last landed.

Don’t get me wrong there would be time where I would stop and take a break from the trip sometimes for weeks, I never intended for it to be a challenge to see how quickly I could complete the trip. It was very much about seeing the virtual world, seeing how the persistent wear effected the plane and quite frankly navigating without the use of a GPS, all my navigation was by using a combination of VORs and ADF. At one point I even realised I had spent a good hour or two flying in more or less the opposite direction I should have been… I could have easily just started that leg again but didn’t and just flew to correct the mistake. :grimacing:

1 Like

Feel like I stumbled onto a Treasure Trove with you! :slight_smile: :star_struck:

Thx for the info! Sounds fun!

And yes, my iPhone is a plane now… thx to xcloud! It’s wonderful. I can easily sneak a quick flight in whenever/wherever I want!

1 Like