Which Aircraft are at the top of your wishlist for third-party devs to make?

Quite like to see someone do a decent representation of a Russian airliner, actually. The Yak-42 or the Ilyushin IL-86. If nothing else, just to see the cockpit layouts etc, and of course at one point the IL-86 was the fastest jetliner in the world. Just don’t model engine damage or overall reliability otherwise neither jet will get off the ground in MSFS :wink:

This Tupolov 134 was by a Ukrainian developer and as you can see, getting very close, but apparently pretty much all work to date was destroyed in the war and they have to start again with whatever can be salvaged.

2 Likes

Looks pretty good. What a shame that they’ve had to start again, hopefully it can be salvaged as it does seem like a very polished aircraft.

1 Like

Back in my X-plane days my go-to’s were Goose, Albatross, and Catalina. Would love to see the last two to complete the hangar again!

1 Like

You’re thinking of the Texan. The Texan II is more like a Short Tucano or a Pilatus PC-9 or PC-21.

I have probably mentioned it before but I’d love to see a Grumman F7F Tigercat!

2 Likes

What’s an ‘I’ between friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soviet aircraft are wierd quirky things ( there are some fun examples in DCS & the Mi-8 there is one of the best sim experiences if you can ignore it’s overblown VRS ) & wierd quirky things make good sim subjects. Post soviet Russian maybe not so much.

Early 90s daily Aeroflot into Heathrow was at least as loud as Concorde!

2 Likes

I like them because, well, they’re ■■■■ when compared to European/American planes. But the fact that they’re flawed makes me intrigued by them. It’s the same reason I’m fond of the old American tri-Jets (DC-10 and MD-11) as they’re quite flawed. The MD especially is a very big, heavy jet that is notoriously difficult to land)

For me my wishlist would be:
Tecnam P96
Tecnam P2002
Tecnam P2006
Tecnam P2010

2 Likes

Never heard of this manufacturer before but I like the design of the last two here. Sleek!

The earlier single engine Tecnams with steam gauges would be cool Cessna replacement for the yokeless. Though I’d still rather have a Champ of some kind.

After the top gun dlc comes out I’d love to fly a x47B and F117 seahawk concept

Updating my list:

I want more than anything, the golden age of jet aviation but as little glass displays as possible with some exceptions.
I would like a full fidelity (high fidelity or marketing coined term “study level”) version of the following planes, I expect then to have the full quirks and things that will kill me if I ignore them:

Boeing:

• B 737-200 or 200adv (additionally, the 100 would be sweet)
  • B 737-400*/500/600 (any version of the classics) * (-400 Version was being made by one of TFDi former developers, don’t know if it still is a thing. / -600 version being made by PMDG and will release next)
  • B 727-200 (+100 if possible)
  • B 707 (there are sooo many versions I would want, but I’ll take any version that flew in 1960 or past that date)
  • B 767-200/300
  • B 757
  • B 777 (I am willing to have some glass displays bc I love this plane)

McDonnell Douglas / Douglas / Boeing McD Division

• MD-11 (I am willing to have some glass displays bc I love this plane)
  • DC-8 (same as 707, many versions. I’d like one of the 60/70s and a retroffited freight one of the 2000s)
  • DC-10 * (We don’t know for sure what Asobo/Orbix plan for the future)
  • MD-80 series (Finally released by Leonardo Sims, it is great to fly!)

Bae/Aerospatiale

• Concorde (it would be nice if we could get a full fidelity one, but I don’t expect that; nothing against the DC Designs’ one)

Airbus

• A300 (early)
  • A300-600

Lockheed

• L1011
  • Super Constellation (Modelled to the DC-6 level of PMDG would be enough; I think Red Sims is working on one?)

Odd niche ones (nice if we get any of those):

• Convair 990
    - Bae RJ/146 series (Released by Just Flight, great addon)
  • Ilyushin IL-62
  • Tupolev Tu-154M
  • Tu-104B
  • Dassault Mercure (comparable with mid life 737; 1971)
  • VC-10
  • Fokker F28* or successors (Still in development with Just Flight)

(*) = already in the works, progress unknown, external model sighted, sometimes also cockpit picks sighted.

3 Likes

There is indeed a Super Constellation out there. It sounds like it is getting close to another update soon as well. New Release Red Wings Super Constellation - #331 by SBarker12

2 Likes

Lockheed L-1011 Tristar

1 Like

After reading this article - https://medium.com/s/story/the-long-way-round-the-plane-that-accidentally-circumnavigated-the-world-c04ca734c6bb I’m pretty enamoured with the Boeing 314 Clipper, which is just a magnificent looking thing.

Note the engineer working on the engine inside the wing.

I’m sure there would be all kinds of issues and hard dev work getting a good representation of this within the sim, not least the control arrangement -

(all the engine controls including the only throttles AFACT appear to be several meters behind the pilot seats). But even so I think it would be just fantastic to be able to fly this beast in MSFS.

10 Likes

Wow. Looks more like a submarine inside!

1 Like

It ( the 314 ) is being worked on, I forget who by.

Being from the other side of the atlantic I can’t help but want a Shorts flying boat.

There were a few.

Do you mean the WWII Short S.25 Sunderland and Short S.26 “G Class”

… or the 1930’s “Golden Age” Short S.23 and S.30 Empire Class flying boats ?

Qantas Short Empire Class:

4 Likes