Which Black Square-modded plane to get?

…are there, two, three, four nice planes to choose from?

Which one do you think gets the most bang for the buck?

Twin-engines King Air are nice, but the Bonanza is not bad either, I guess…

The kingair is the only plane I’ve flown since it’s release
I fricken love it!

2 Likes

I love the caravan for it’s ceiling, high capacity for missions, and it s large visibility for landscape :innocent:
if you want something stronger and faster and that is closer to airliner or bizjet, go for the King air wich is very nice too, everything are funccional and well simulated in ( wich is the case for all BS aircraft, they attach lot of importance to be the closer as possible to the reality)

if you like peaceful GA flight and basic piston aircraft wich require some attention from start to end of flight there is the bonanza
edit :also you have to take in count , if you buy the bonanza now, it will open you the right to a discount for the futur baron, while if you get one of the previous one I m not sure it will allow you any discount

2 Likes

Personally, if I could only choose one, I would buy the King Air. It’s quite high fidelity like the others but it is also quite fast, has a decent range and has twin engines and props (with immersive sounds).

I think I will get the Bonanza and Baron (when it comes out) too but given a choice of one, the KA would be my purchase.

Having said that, you probably can’t go too far wrong with any of them to be fair. I guess it depends on the sort of flying you like to do.

1 Like

I often fly shorter flights (a bit on the restless side), so… maybe the Bonanza its more suitable for me? =P

1 Like

As I say above, I don’t think you can go far wrong with any of them.

I would say choose the one which is the best fit for you. Enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just pick based on what you like most!
I bought the King Air because it has the most systems, but all the others look neat too.

The Caravan! It’s a great and easy to operate plane. Study level for the masses. The King Air is too complex for me, especially in VR having to click a gazillion buttons. It’s a masterpiece, but one to only admire for the moment.
The Bonanza looks great as well but I have not tried that one.

King Air, hands down
Complex plane, very well done, feels almost alive!

I just tried the Bonanza for the first time last night and it was awesome. I have the other two as well and they are all absolutely worth the money.

If you had to pick just one, my advice would be to go with the one that most closely matches your preferred mission. If you want to fly fast and high, use the King Air. Medium hops, medium speed, but plenty of hauling capacity and STOL capability, use the Caravan. If you prefer GA, go with the Bonanza (it has turbo options as well and is no slouch!).

There’s also a little bit of personal capability involved - the King Air moves fast and has a lot of analog information presented, it’s very easy to get behind the aircraft if you don’t know what you’re doing, but the trade-off once you do is amazing. The easiest to get into in this regard is the Bonanza; the Caravan is in the middle, less complexity, but has a turbine. In the end, it’s not far off from the Bonanza as to skill required.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s gonna be personal preference as they are all excellent.

Personally I’m not a big fan of turboprops and I already have the Kodiak 100 anyway. I don’t really do the sort of longer flights a King Air demands, so the Bonanza has been best for me (plus I love hearing that turbo spool up!).

1 Like