Which NVidia driver are you using?

I am on 457.30 due VR as the other ones produced low FPS. Today I flew using the monitor at ULTRA and regardless of FPS above 40 during the approach there was a lot of stuttering on the images, do you know if is a drivers issue or a problem with photogramy sceneario? Maybe the offloading cache? No idea, so many variables these days.

Any advice welcomed!

Hi how are things. I am using the most current driver and I am quite happy. My advice is V-Sync and limit it to 30. I also have this I do this and notice improvement. https://youtu.be/fSXX6jyuG3U

1 Like

I’m using the current 472.12.

2 Likes

Hello,
Discussions of drivers best belongs in the PC & Hardware category. I moved your topic there.

I tested 471.68 and 472.12 at the weekend. With an RTX 3090 the difference between them (if any) in gameplay and synthetic benchmarks is well within the margin of error. For 3xxx series cards these drivers are both good.

(Tested with safemode DDU uninstall + vanilla nvidia graphics settings + Unigine benchmarks, IL-2 CLoD, IL-2 BoX and MSFS2020, am still on 471.68 after the testing but only because I’ve been too lazy to reinstall 472.12)

I also stay current (472.12).

One variable would be…what GPU do you have?

472.12 has been lastest for couple of weeks to a month. NO VR, but my system is stable with Windows 11 developer release running. I have had to reinstall printer driver it keeps going off into space. Have bugged it once, guess I need to do it again. Otherwise fine.

I have a 2080TI

I have an RTX 3070 and I’ve been on 472.12 for a few weeks with no problems.

472.12 I always keep up to date with the latest Nvidia Drivers.

510.10 , so far so good.

No idea version number. Driver is 27.21.14.6647 :confused:

Have a look in the Bugs category Stuttering problem - #25 by sodapop840 i think this is the same issue. There are other threads in that area that describe this as you have it.

Download Geforce Experience if you don’t have it as it tells you what driver version you have and also can be set up for it to remind you when a new driver is released. Download GeForce Experience | NVIDIA

1 Like

Thanks I already have Geforce Experience. It doesn’t tell me, then I remembered Nvidia Control Panel. I have 466.47. No problems that I can see, so I’ll leave it unless there is a very compelling reason to update. I don’t update drivers unless I have too. If they’re functioning well with my system, I don’t interfere.

On 472.12, no issues, system stable… RTX3080 ROG STRIX O10G

Always…I stay current and have been so far so good.

Yes, I stay up to date with all drivers and have never had any issues.

1 Like

RTX3070 / 472.12 no probs yet.