Which publishers do you recommend...that keep scenery updated when game updates are released?

I’m looking at purchasing some add-on airports but I’m sort of hesitant. I don’t want to purchase something and then find out, it’s not compatible with whatever the latest FS update may break or change. My question is, from recent experience, which publishers do you recommend, that keep their airports updated, as new sim updates are released? I know there may be initial compatibility issues when an update is released, but again, which publishers get updates out with fixes? I just don’t want to buy something, that becomes abandoned, at least in the short term…

To be honest, scenery (in terms of airports) is kind of “fire and forget”.

I run a ton of pay ware scenery and I really don’t see any updates to them, nor have I had any issues after an update.

I know there were issues with FlyTampa’s Boston after SU9 but they got that sorted out.

FlyTampa, ORBX, (there are allot more) reputable publishers will address the issues if they do arise.

2 Likes

I only really fly in the UK so can’t comment on the rest of the world, but have every payware airport available for Britain as far as I can tell. There are certainly occasional updates if things get broken. Maccosims updated Birmingham recenly, UK2000 updated Cardiff, Burning Blue Design update theirs frequently, I just check their Discord for when. MK Studios recently updated Dublin for example. Inibiulds have updated Heathrow 3 or 4 times since they launched it already.

I’ve never had an airport become unusable after a world or sim update if that’s what concerns you.

I had an issue with White Waltham form Burning Blue Design displaying some pink textures, (cows, hangar doors, a couple building roofs) following sim update 8 and I messaged them on their Discord showing them pictures and they got a fix out within a week or so.

1 Like