White terrain (tiles / textures) on ground

I’m noticing it more and more, especially on the Island of O’ahu in Hawai’i. Sometimes the squares switch to “proper,” and other times, they just stay white the whole time.

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation !

I’m seeing these white textures now in the Caribbean Virgin Islands both US and GB. I’m with SU12 beta.

Nearly every custom airport I have with a CGL aerial image is doing this when far away from the scenery at max LOD. It’s a pretty big eyesore.

1 Like

I had this issue around Lyon with LFLL from digital design installed, the white square is like 7 nm north of the airport, I tried removing the cgl files, clear the cache, seems to fix the issue, but, that mean it s a huge file with possible improvment that is throw…
while I tried switching the scenery location to put it in the community folder with no positive result :frowning:

1 Like

did you just rename them with a random name or if I want them to work without conflicting I must follow specific path ?

All I did was change .cgl to .bak so it would be an easy transition to change them back if fixed

1 Like

thanks for the tip, I will do so,it will avoid to have to redownload everything or no risk to corrupt other data

I am having this issue also, particularly in Hawaii. I thought it was the Taburet mesh, but I haven’t tested enough to know for certain.

1 Like

Yeah digital design Lyon has this issue…

1 Like

Not solved with SU12…

May I suggest you try the re-ordering feature in MSFS exprimental options. Try moving the Seafronts mod to the top or if not fixed then to the bottom. If there’s an unknown 2nd mod involved this might just work.

@hagane404 @MrTonySM @Orangina64 about LFLL I asked on their facebook, dev have been able to post a fix but need some feedback

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Gonna give this a try as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noticed this flying into Maui recently. Had almost forgotten about the bug. Not sure if this is something that’s ultimately on the dev side with the cgl files at this point. Hopefully this gets fixed some day.

1 Like

Yes! Just noticed this today myself. Very strange.

I was flying to TIST from NYC and noticed it on approach. The island and airport eventually filled in but I was less than 10 miles from landing before it did. I am using FeelThere TIST purchased on marketplace.

Personal Comments and Observations

If you remove the third-party TIST, what happens?

Also, are you running any other mods that might modify terrain in general?

Thanks much.

No other terrain mods but will try removing FeelThere TIST itself as I suspect that is the likely culprit.

Definitely a new problem though.

It is. If they show white squares, rename the .cgl to .bak and white squares are gone. It should very much still be fixed though.

1 Like

I have this issue a lot over O’ahu in Hawai’i. I am going to try to rename the .cgl files and see if that works.

2 Likes