Who is satisfied with FS2020 and enjoys this great product? Hint: NOT who is dissatisfied

Let’s talk about your positive experiences.

Many thanks in advance.

63 Likes

I know who is dissatisfied with xpl . :point_up_2:

Im enjoying msfs.

Positives: no need to create and store TBs of orthos, visuals overall, immersion, great way and possibilities to explore the world

Pilot sir am i allowed to mention negatives as well?

6 Likes

I’m happy with it. Odd hiccup, but nothing that really bothers me.

18 Likes

I’m still having fun in MSFS.

Finding new sights to see.
Finding little ledges on mountainsides to attempt landing a little cub, etc.
Following highways, rails and rivers like IRL.
Watching the plane’s reaction to subtle shifts in wind and thermals.
Practicing landings on some tiny, uneven runways.

It isn’t perfect, but I’m having too much fun to be bothered with the flaws.

17 Likes

The game 100% broken and 100% unplaya…

Nah, just kidding. I’m having a great time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

14 Likes

Absolutely love it. I’m in the for long run so am very happy.

20 Likes

So I just finished a flight from YMGB to WNU in the Mooney, it took a little over 5 hours. The weather started out fine so I got to see lots of water and some countryside. On climb so I could clear the mountains it started getting cloudy with storms and lots of TCUs. The visuals were just fantastic, the turbulence and winds weren’t realistic but it will get there. As I get over the hill and finally get to see the sky and land again I see it is now dark.

WNU is a tiny strip with no lights except the house next to it. I was seeing if I could land by using the lightening as a reference and tried one approach but no, I had to divert because the runway is way too short.

Then the autopilot was going crazy. I stall at about 800 feet above the trees in complete blackness. The idiot I was, I had set mixture to full rich but the airfield is high so the aircraft had no power, MSFS doesn’t model that real well but that’s no excuse. I knew the limitation.

I got it recovered and made my way to AYMH. A nice well lit runway!

I was sweating it a bit because I hadn’t done my homework so I didn’t know what the LSALTS were. The lightening saved the day twice.

Now I am at AYMH ready to try and get back to WNU. Fingers crossed.

Oh. The visuals and the situation were the best time I’ve had in a flight simulator. Just amazing. And not one issue that wasn’t my fault. My first flight sim was Sublogic 1.0 so I’ve been at it awhile.

11 Likes

Yep, enjoying it here, sure there are a few bugs and not a great deal to do yet, but it’s got a lot of potential. Will just carry on with my RTW trip for now until some third parties add some content - waiting for Air Hauler to be released…

9 Likes

I am really enjoying MSFS 2020.

Yeah it has issues, but I find a way to work around them and make every flight enjoyable. To be honest I never expected anything else from such a complex project and I do have every confidence that they will sort these issues out in time.

11 Likes

One of the best things to come out of this year 2020. its given us flight simmers something we have never experienced. and it can only get better with time.

12 Likes

+1, visuals are outstanding, community is great, and night flying is jawdroppingly representative of what it’s actually like to fit at night; like I’m getting DejaVu flying the G1000 at night

5 Likes

Despite the niggles, I am very, very happy with it and my 200+ hours of flight time is evidence of that haha.

It gets better every patch for me. Yes I have occasional CTDs, yes AP still wants to kill me sometimes (though not since the most recent patch).

I’m in it for the long haul. I’m also a big FM (Football Manager from Sports Interactive Games) player and I dip in and out of that the whole year as well. I imagine FS will follow a similar pattern. Sometimes playing the whole weekend, sometimes not playing at all for weeks.

5 Likes

I’m using OnAir to give me flights. I have some to do in Europe so I’m flying my Mooney from Adelaide Australia to Europe doing missions along the way. It is very good though it too has minor bugs that I wish would get fixed. I hate it telling my lights are off when they aren’t though it only usually does it when there is no parking at an airport.

4 Likes

I am fully enjoying it. Also using X-Plane 11 but graphics are much better in FS2020. Always fighting with a stupid AP but in the end I reach my destination. In the meantime flew everywhere and really saw amazing landscapes. Very realistic. It will get better with every patch and what’s most important, instead of complaining, which is so easy to do, just file a bug at the Zendesk ticket portal and they will be handled. Two of mine were already fixed. So it is a wonderful product and a real time consuming one, but I love to fly at least once a day when family life allows :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah, I did look at OnAir - just not a fan of the subscription pricing. I had Air Hauler on XPlane and I can port my money across from that so I don’t have to necessarily start again from scratch.

Time consuming… :slight_smile:

I’m enjoying FS2020 too, especially the less than ideal weather visuals are sometimes very realistic and scary at the same time, and it’s fun to do some virtual sightseeing when you cannot travel for real these days.

I like to find smaller county airports and bush fields around the world, and also look them up from Wikipedia and Google, to learn a bit about them and the area around. There are quite interesting places around, and learning a bit about them gives them more of a story and character when you fly there.

Like, did you know they are planning to build a new airport between Nanwalek (KEB) and Port Graham (PGM) because especially Nanwalek runway is so dangerous and short, and Port Graham is running out of space between the runway and the shoreline, so they could use the land to expand their area.

I often go there to practice traffic circuits and its a short hop between those two if you want to do a quick flight to see how the real world weather treats you today. Port Graham is nice for pattern practice, Nanwalek is quite crazy dirt strip between hills, so you can of course practice your precision with a smaller plane there) …

3 Likes

Loving the sim too. For me is great experience. CtDs initially due to the usb bug but all sorted now. Update process smooth and hassle free. Avoiding any mods. Having a blast circumnavigating the globe in a very indirect fashion in the TBM. Graphics are great. The tbm flies well and has no obvious bugs other than the return to way point annoying thing in the FMC when adding an approach but I can work around that for now. Weather works well and is more than live enough for me. Japan update awesome. Performance great. Having so much fun. Haven’t opened steam for weeks!

6 Likes

Raises his hand.× After having seen FSX, XP 10 and P3d V3-V5, I have to say that I am more than happy with MSFS… Great Graphics, Good hardware integration and also a good flight model make it quite an entertaining match for VFR and general aviation. Once the first more detailed Airbus Variants will be available I will move over to msfs completely

2 Likes

Oops. Only a few likes remain for today…Sorry

4 Likes