Who is satisfied with FS2020 and enjoys this great product? Hint: NOT who is dissatisfied

I too cannot reproduce it. The closest I have seen is that the VFR map takes a few seconds to properly populate with the map and data points

Flightsims are very complex. I think it’s pain in the a… to fix that kind of issue, because of different setups and Hardware.

I am! After 30+ years of flight-simming msfs2020 is a dream come true!

3 Likes

It’s like balancing a spinning plate on a chopstick. Good luck with that… :smiley:

1 Like

Just flew a short 100% IFR flight (even though crystal clear and beautiful along the California Coast) from KPRB to KSFO. Installed the G1000 mod suggested by @anon67824105 - thank you! It worked flawlessly, and loaded the approach to 19L (UPEND) and flew it to 1/4 mile before the threshold on AP. Perfect. Greased the landing… turned first taxiway. Doesn’t get much better! :slight_smile:

First 100% IFR flight from start to finish. Per the Known Issues list: turned off Azure Text-To-Speech. No problems at all.

Now for some Gnocchi Di Patate con Puntature Di Maiale at Ideale in North Beach… oh wait… this is a simulator! :grin:

2 Likes

Yay! \o/ :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Imagine how cool it will be if you fly to a special lcoation and jump into another game :wink:

1 Like

That would be pretty darn cool. Virtual Italian fare… best in The City! :smiley:

1 Like

By the way, I love Carpaccio.

Tiramisu!! :plate_with_cutlery: :smiley_cat:

I am fully enjoying it. It made me back to flight simming after a long long break. I love every hour of it. Sometimes I get a crash to desktop, sometimes autopilot was acting crazy, but none of those “hiccups” can destroy my fun.

I am also a patient person, so I have no problem waiting for stuff. The future is bright.

1 Like

Ideale has the best carpaccio I’ve ever had.

Their Tiramisu is the same recipe “Grandma” uses in their restaurant in Roma. :slight_smile:

No, like maybe a month before release, there was a Q&A where Jorg said there would be a nice selection of helis, just like there are planes, that would be included as part of MSFS. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I have never in all my flightsimming experience seen a default/vanilla state platform released with this level of fidelity and realism especially in terms of terrain/textures/infrastructure.

I’ve remained patient and fully expected that it will release with bugs/issues.

I remain optimistic that these will all be resolved soon enough.

The best part is, it will continue to improve and has an enormous volume of headroom for improvement which makes it very unique in comparison to the other flightsimming platforms.

MS & Asobo have trailblazed with this product and we are now seeing, and will continue to reap the benefits. Welcome to the future of flightsimming.

4 Likes

This has been a most enjoyable day, made better by “hanging out” with all of you.

Thank you @Pilot1811 for starting this thread: 260 posts later it was obviously enjoyed! :smiley:

1 Like

As a flight simmer going back to FS5.1, I can’t believe how far we have come in this hobby. I often wonder how some of today’s critics would have reacted to having to set up and configure Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files to get FS5.1 running under Windows 3.1. Yes, there are problems with FS2020 but we appear to have responsive developer with positive, regular interaction with the community. I am more than happy with the present product and am prepared to accept temporary teething troubles in a product not much over a month old.

3 Likes

Having been playing for a little bit, I can toss my hat in here. Some of the bugs are certainly affecting how I play, but NOT affecting my enjoyment! I’m taking the time until they’re fixed to play around with controls, practice manual flight (I have no real flight experience) and playing around with some aircraft other than what I usually play with. I’ve also been exploring some places new and old. Thanks to FS2020, I’ve found out that the old dirt patch airfield near where I used live has been paved into a proper runway. The things one can discover!

3 Likes

80% overall happiness so far.

Just leaving room for bug fixes🎯
That, plus future add ons, should put it at or above FSX which for me after 5000hrs since it’s release, was 98%.
:small_airplane:

1 Like

I am actually satisfied.

Okay…the past weeks i have to adjust my settings here and there. Up and down.
Some Bugs here and there. But overall i can finish my flights.
Today i finished the Japan Tour and testet some settings. I looks really good to me.

Then i started the first leg of my World Tour in the TBM. From my Hometown Mannheim (EDFM) to London Heathrow (EGLL).
I had live Weather on. That schould be no good Decision, because i saw nothing from the Ground. Overcast the whole Flight.
Here in Europe/Germany is bad Weather these days.
But…i flew thru a big dark Cloud and the whole Plane was shaking. I think it was turbulence. Great experience…nice immersion.
Then i realized i have not enough Gas, so i have to tank Stop in Merville-Calonne (LFQT). That was cool too. I had a bad sight. See the strip first at below 1000ft.
But i made it.
Full of Gas and take off to London.

This Flight made so much fun.
I am excited for the next comin’ legs…hope with better weather… :wink:

Happy flights!

2 Likes

Since August 19, I’m happier than a dog at the beach. I am contented knowing the new MSFS is a product th at is ALIVE, and will progressively become the best. I’d rather have some faith in MS And Asobo rather than go back to the dead years of FSX after 2006, was it? Thank you MS for taking on flight simulation again, this time, beyond all our expectation.

3 Likes