Who's keeping or cancelling your XBOX subscription? Undecided?

I paid the £1.00 to test FS and will keep it going for the £3.99 @ month or until the price increases which I read is soon to go up to £9.99?

1 Like

Agree with autey111. We have general topics but very little detail. Some of those topics contain many items. I appreciate they are looking at our list of bugs. Only time will tell how long they will take to fix. I would think some of the development staff are also working on getting FS to work for the console release.

Given the number of things people have found to be fixed, the staff being split to work on the console release of FS, and the impending cost increase for Xbox PC beta ( I have not seen the notice yet), I think cancelling my subscription is the prudent thing to do for now.

When I do jump back in (and I will), the top package will be what I buy.

Here’s wishing Asobo and company well. This program has some real potential.

1 Like

Definitely cancelling at the end of my month to purchase the standard version. Just riding out my $1 month before handing over the $60 lol

1 Like

In light of this new information, I think I will be cancelling my subscription before the price goes up and buy it outright.

How does that work for the installation? Will I have to uninstall and reinstall after buying?

2 Likes

I would purchase it before you cancel, shouldn’t have to re-install, just do it through the XBOX app.

3 Likes

Unless I am financially strapped, I’ll likely never cancel my Game Pass Ultimate.

Once Play Anywhere program was announced - every Xbox exclusive game will now be available on PC with the same release date.

With the addition of Game Pass for PC and now turning into GP Ultimate - having the ability to play Xbox games on my PC for a low monthly cost is such a boon for my gaming pleasure.

Ever since I was able to run Forza 7 and Horizon 4, and other exclusives like Quantum Break at 4K maxed settings at 60fps, or at 1080p at 140+ fps. I sold my Xbox One to a co-worker.

Also, having the ability to never really need to pay for the game at whatever price, means I don’t need spend hundreds of dollars per year on games anymore unless its something I really want continue owning without worrying about my subscription status.

I’m only buying a Series X because my HTPC is starting to show the lasting results of a poorly turned overclock on a 3770k as it blue screens and shuts down randomly when simply watching movies

1 Like

I agree with you, there is not a lot else to say you have covered most points. I have been a flight simmer since the first Microsoft one but I am not yet convinced by this one. One other problem that I have is that I need to upgrade or buy another computer. When FSX came out I immediately bought one but I am not sure about this one yet. At the moment it’s only the graphics which attract me. Even though the UK countryside has suddenly managed to get a lot o 4 storey buildings to replace remote farms and houses.

1 Like

I had GamePass Ultimate for most of a year and really enjoyed it - I replayed all remastered Halo games; I played the entire Gears of War/Gears series; I played The Outer Worlds … and then I got busy at work and didn’t play anything for several months and canceled back in May. I took advantage of the “One Month for $1” special the week MSFS2020 launched and have enjoyed my time with the sim. So today I canceled GamePass again and just bought the sim.

1 Like

am keeping it downloaded 8 other games and am enjoying it

1 Like

Quality thread, folks. Thanks for all the honest and insightful responses so far.

Like some others, I’m leaning toward purchasing, albeit the base level sim due to the relative state of the aircraft systems/avionics.

I very much want to support the effort as I feel the visual environment is unsurpassed, and hope as we get a little further along, we get much closer to what many expected after watching all the promos.

Stepping a little further ahead, I’m hoping to see added and more granular features and control, such as randomly seeding clouds, better road traffic, and seasonal variations.

FWIW, though I really like the photogrammetry, I think it falls apart when it comes to things like lighting.

I actually just cancelled mine. I will be back when there is a payware ATC/Payware aircraft (PMDG/FSLabs etc) and Air Hauler.

1 Like

I am keeping mine until it comes out on xbox, i also have GEOFS and Xplane 11…Use them all but want it on xbox.
Dan

1 Like

Canceled my subscription before the release which i used for 6 months, i bought premium deluxe from steam afterwards.

i realize most people’s anger is they feel the sim is not finished or feels like released early which i agree.
I also see people defending this product. They are both right imo.

First thing first, to people criticize flight model, go read “real pilots” topic and see you are wrong (mostly).
Second of all me and people like me (who are 35+ now) coming from Xplane or FS series still remembers the first time when they released. We also see how they look like now or how they are advanced now.

i wrote this multiple times in this forum, this is not a normal game you buy play and forgot 5 months later, or until they released next version in 1-2 years. When you are in this, you are in this forever. i used fsx till bothered by 32bit ram limitations. Switched to xplane, now switched to MSFS. Some people will switch when dx12 or VR introduced. For people like me unless you are controlling your budget or waiting for future sales there is no point asking a refund for a project which will be used for the next 10 years and which we will spend tons of money for add-ons.
From the first time i loaded game for testing months ago with Asobo’s (which is a well known studio) 10 year development announcement. (Also microsoft being serious about returning to gaming) this has been a " shut up and take my money product" for me.

2 Likes

I foolishly signed up for GamePass way too early so I lost most of the value of the $1 Introduction. (I thought maybe I’d have more chance to get into the Preview lol)

I’m happy to keep it on Game Pass until things are more ironed out. I’ve got a bunch of computer parts sitting on a shelf waiting for a 3090 to complete it (and my new PC Case to be delivered) before I consider buying the license outright.

I’m hoping the Microsoft Store version goes on sale for a reduced price fairly soon. If/when that happens I might buy the Standard edish and dump the game pass (I don’t really play a lot of other games, although I’m in the process of going through Black Mesa at the moment to pass some time)

I wouldn’t mind seeing a 10% Off (or better) on MSFS to switch over from Game Pass.

1 Like

I purchased the standard through Steam. I’m happy enough with it that I was willing to shell out for the Premium deluxe upgrade…

Until I found out they’re charging an extra $25 for it. I’m willing to spend the extra $60 but not $85 for 10 airports that are already garbage compared to 3rd party, and 10 planes that will eventually be garbage compared to 3rd party.

Good job MS/Asobo! Could haver had a total of 120 from me, but your greddy pricing means I give you no more than the 60 you got already.

Saving my money for 3rd party stuff. Unless they force pc players to play a version dumbed down for console. Then I will be using all of my money elsewhere. For that very reason, Xplane 11 is still installed on my system…fs2020 is on thin ice with me for sure.