Why am I getting no fuel flow on Black Square King Air 350?

Hello!

So, I make it through the first portion of the engine start checklist. When I pull the right condition level, the ITT gauge doesn’t move. Am I correct in assuming this means there no fuel flow happening?

I’ve gone through the checklist quite a few times and I can never make it past this step. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums! Any kind of help-related questions can go in one of our green Community Support subcategories. I have moved your post to Aviation, Navigation, Communication. (The blue discussion categories are for discussion other than troubleshooting.)

Hopefully someone can answer your question here!

Okay, thank you!! That helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you post the checklist you are using? To start a Turbine with conventional levers like the King Air after the electrical starter has been engaged you have to wait for a certain Ng value and then introduce the fuel by pushing (not pulling) the condition lever forward. They should always begin in the fully pulled cutoff region. The ITT gauge measures temperature not fuel flow. There should be separate fuel flow gauges.

Thanks. Yes, I’m starting the levers all the way back and pushing them forward to idle condition. I’m using the checklist that came with the software. And yes, the fuel flow gauges also show no activity when I push the lever forward. I’m kinda stumped! But also, suspecting that it may be a bug!

I had a similar problem with the BS Caravan, found it to be my engine condition was 0%, reset it and all is good