Why are we not talking about the fact the mouse is dead in VR, this is GAME BREAKING

Yes, can’t remember which ones specifically, just experiment while in the plane.

As this sim is now completely broken for us VR flyers I have given up with MSFS 2020 and have gone back to X Plane 11 and Aerofly FS2 . Been having a great time in VR in these sim, its reminded me how good these are especially in the HP reverb G2, looking forward to X Plane 12. No more MSFS store purchases from me as will be buying X Plane goodies for Xmas.

7 Likes

Please see Known Issues.

I had a similar challenges after the update. If you have not already done so, in your controller settings make sure your mouse is using “default configuration”. Then I recommend setting your joystick to the default profile. See how this works. If this helps, I would duplicate the default setting, give it a new name, and then start tweaking it to your needs. I hope this helps ya. . . . If you still have problems, I recommend you try some other msfs 2020 site forums as this one is certainly not the most helpful or polite place to get help. Happy flying WesiWeso

Why are there threads labeled “bug logged” that do not appear in “known issues”?

I get your idea…but consider that if you have to custom map a key to get the mouse to WORK…then it IS broke. I.E. it is NOT working as designed.

And I think everyone’s point is…why is it STILL broke…when obviously as you demonstrated with CTRL-0 hack, it’s a stupid coding issue that would take maybe all of 20 minutes to fix?

And now it is not just the mouse in VR and a host of other issues in VR, the thing will not even boot up in SAFE MODE. If I could get back the money I put in this sim I would take and it and never come back at this point…it is more frustration than fun.

UPDATE Well many months later, still here. Things have improved, but the overall VR experience using the mouse is still an issue.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this? How did you do the mapping and what does CTRL 0 do anyways. I’m just now doing the update and it will be done tomorrow so getting myself prepped ahead of time. I use the mouse in VR and want to continue doing so.

Thannk you Redfroggwf! I have done that for the mouse, should have think about the flight stick, not sure if a new profile was created, probably since I did change a few switches.

Thank you Tailgunner68, will get on a search for the Holy grail…:smiley:

I use a Kensington trackball, which comes with mapping software. I used a (so far) unused button on my trackball and mapped it to the key combo ctrl + 0 (the Zero above the letters, not the Zero from Numeric key pad).

Once I press that mouse button (while already in VR) I can use the VR mouse pointer to interact with windows, like ATC, Settings etc. - i.e. the bug introduced with the last sim update is solved!

In my case, when I press ctrl+0, my viewpoint moves slightly, for a fraction of a second. That movement is so small it simply does not matter, I’m still in the same position in the cockpit. But it serves me as a visual confirmation that I actually pressed the ctrl+0 button.

Hope that helped…

PD: I used the mouse, not a joystick button for this, because I try to have only plane-related actions on my stick, not sim related stuff…

A lot of VR users use Cockpit zoom. This stops working in CTRL-0 usage. You have to assign another button to switch back to original view. This gets quite cumbersome and taxing when you are cockpit busy. This is a cumbersome workaround, not a fix or a solution as some people like to keep stating.

4 Likes

You appear to of missed this thread:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/toolbar-broken-in-vr/472150/406

1 Like

I think that the OP is just frustrated at the fact that ASOBOSOFT have simply refused to comment on these issues and it feels like they intend to just let it go. New threads about it just keep the subject alive, at least for us punters. Whether the devs care or not is simply not known.

2 Likes

Yeah I have the two functions assigned to buttons on my stick, but it is aggravating going back and forth. They really need to fix this - and really should do a hot fix for it!

After all my complains, I finally found a working config for me, and I can assure the game is working great and when it works it is incredible and the detail of the terrain is AMAZING.

This is my working config and setup:
-Quest2
-Latest Nvidia Drivers
-Windows 10
-DirectX11 (12 turned off)
-Nvidia 2080
-Everything in MEDIUM or HIGH on the MSFS config for VR
-Cockpit Mode

And the most Important settings I believe:
-Graphic Preference on the Oculus APP = 72 Hz & 3712x1872 (this is lower res than the recommended)
-Terrain Level of Detail = No more than 130
-Objects Level of Detail = No more than 100

With these options I was able to play without problems, and I am flying with A32nx on almost every airport, no crashes nor CTDs, no stuttering nor any other problems at all.
At least for me is like the game fixed itself almost instantly!

1 Like

Is it CTRL (R or L) + 0 (Num or keyboard)? Or CTRL + O?

On my US Steam version of MSFS, LFT CTRL + O is mapped by default to Toggle Autopilot Localizer Hold. LFT CTRL + 0 is mapped by default to Toggle Instrument View 10. What does the command do for VR users? For the people who are using CTRL + 0 or O what is the default function?

It’s this one, control-zero. Why that works is beyond me but it does. The major problem is that as soon as you move from that position in any way it stops working and you have to press it again.

Asobo actually released a new version of the sim with this as a known bug. And they force everyone to update to the new version. How can they live with themselves? Aren’t they ashamed? “Let’s break the game and then force everyone to update!” They must be having a big laugh torturing us like this.

1 Like

I fully agreed that the toolbar issue should never happen and (if actually happened) should be hotfixed immediattely.
I’m lucky enough to use Reverb G2 with TAA100% and OXR80% (on nVidia RTX 3070) which doesn’t require me to zoom to read the instruments in the CRJ as the resoultion is high enough to allow me to read them direclty, if I need to look closer I just lean forward, like in the real life.

Yes there are workarounds for this issue but I cant be bothered to use them so for now this sim is on the self. What disappointed me the most is that they knew this issue was there and yet they still released it knowing it would break VR gameplay. To me that is such bad customer service to VR users.

1 Like