Why cant they just leave it alone

15 years? Wow. I didn’t realise I spent 15 years trying to cure the blurries in FSX. Lol.

It’s more like 11 years… in 2009, MS shut down Aces Studio. To me, it just feels a lot longer.

Every single time I open MSFS I just silently pray that there won’t be an update. I’m sure every update is fixing some issue for someone somewhere, but it also breaks two things for everyone else (or at least me) that were working fine before.

Since the last update, every time I go into any menu for any reason, when I exit the menu, my throttle is set to full, my propeller RPM is set to zero, and my mixture is set right in the middle. There’s NO WAY these people actually use or test the sim they are developing. If they did, it would be totally impossible for them not to notice that going into a menu then back out makes their plane fall out of the sky (because of prop RPM being reset to zero) or – if on the ground – take off at full power towards the nearest building (because of throttle being reset to full). It only takes one or two flights to realize this is happening.

I’m usually very forgiving of developers since it’s not an easy job and I’m not perfect either, but Asobo really, REALLY frustrates me since all they have to do is nothing-- Just. Don’t. Do. Anything! Leave it alone and don’t release any more updates until you actually take the time to test them thoroughly. I’m so tired of having to spend hours finding new workarounds every other week for the new thing they broke with their latest “patch”. This has been going on since the day this sim launched. I’ve been playing PC games more or less daily for over 30 years and I’ve never seen another developer break their own product as often as Asobo.

I’d be very happy with that. Leave me with a working version of MSFS 2020 for another 11 years instead of breaking new things every other week and I’ll be super happy. The atmosphere doesn’t change much in 11 years; the same airports exist for decades at a time; a Cessna 172 will still be a 172 in 11 years; new airplane models don’t happen all that often; aerodynamics don’t change year-to-year; the laws of physics are pretty well set in stone…

Yes, make this sim work correctly then leave me with it until 2032. I’ll be a happy camper. The community can keep making new textures for those who demand shiny new things every 10 days. This is how the software and gaming industry worked for the first 50 or so years of its existence. It was absolutely wonderful!

Not quite right… it’s the technology surrounding all those visuals and airports outside of the application which will drive the changes. That’s why FSX stagnated and died. I agree that Asobo probably needs to fine tune their code revision and quality control procedures to prevent reintroducing errors. But the issue of improving quality control is much different than a moratorium on making updates or code releases altogether.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.