Why dose it not show correct model of aircraft for online players on Xbox series

Can anyone tell me why it dose not show the correct model of aircraft for online players, most of the players at all airports are either AI aircraft or default aircraft. It will show that they are flying a 787 but it will show a AI aircraft Evan though I have a 787 aircraft.

Note: the only aircraft I can see are general aviation and A320neo

Xbox Series S player

1 Like

What’s the setting in your General Options → Traffic. Does the Multiplayer Traffic model uses Generic? If so, you need to turn it off.

Same issue here. All I see is Bonanza, Baron and A320, no other plane models at all on my Series S.

I have been wondering about this too for a long time.

Some people respond that you need to turn generic traffic off. But Xbox does not have this option.

MSFS2020 has some wow factor but it definitely is not to be found within the multiplayer implementation, which I have found to be abysmal for the following reasons and more.

• Even when you own and have installed the correct data for planes, you will not see these planes piloted by other players or the AI in the game world.

• Players and AI randomly disappear from the game world, especially when you get close. I’m not referring to ghosting.

• Rubberbanding is pretty constant when observing other planes in the skies. Does not seem to be affected by server selection.

• You can only identify other traffic by enabling the ghastly oversized immersion-breaking nameplates, or by turning those off and using your imagination to guess what you’re looking at.

• The ATC is completely unable to co-ordinate your flight with AI flights, let alone another player’s. To be fair, I can see that there would be significant difficulties trying to implement a multiplayer aware ATC.

• You’ll look at an airport on the world map. It looks busy. You spawn and suddenly there is only 1/4 of the traffic that was shown, if you’re lucky.

I think a lot of players would appreciate more transparency around what aspects of multiplayer and AI world-sharing are bugs, and which are features. Also, whether these aspects change depending upon hardware. For example, I play Series S. There has never been any official clarification that I’ve seen on the technical differences for the game between X and S.

2 Likes

Same exact issue here on Series X. Can’t seem to find a work around.

I have tried this but dose not resolve the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.