Why I love the struggle with this sim (written after 1.11.6.0 release)

Great post.
There’s something you said about the stuff the community are complaining about having already been done before that oddly enough struck me yesterday while watching the NoClip docu on MSFS.

They were talking about how all the new tech, from cloud storage and processing, streaming, bing maps and weather data, photogrammetry, ai algorithms for roads, buildings and foliage etc had to be come together to make this work, and how much of it had to be developed from scratch over the last 5 years.

It occurred to me how this was probably some of the most difficult challenges that had to be overcome, and it’s been crossed off the list already. What’s still to come is not nearly as groundbreaking as that which has already been done.

Its likely that the vocal complaints about the incomplete systems result from a lack of appreciation for what has been accomplished to date.

Another pet hate is the complaint that we as consumers were deceived as MSFS was released incomplete. I for one was pretty bummed I didn’t get an invite into the alpha - which I would have gladly paid $100 for btw. Imagine having to wait another year to experience MsFs even in its current form. The decision to release it in August was the right one imho.

2 Likes

You literally made me laugh out loud. You shouldn’t have removed it.

2 Likes

That was my point. The seemingly insurmountable, ground breaking, made from scratch, can it even be done part of this sim has been done. The part that needs fixing that I was referring to was things like getting the avionics/APs up to scratch. They’re the kind of things that have been done before and will get done again.

Well said. I experience the frustration too, but still enjoy many aspects of the sim. I fully support keeping it civil and constructive. I think if I ever need to vent my frustration I will find somewhere else to do it.

If it ever gets too much for you you can DM me and dump it all on me. I feel that at this point in time it’s about the only contribution that I can make to the community while all those glorious geeks get to work.

Accurate words! You deserve at least a bottle of good whiskey :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

That’s very generous. A good whiskey would be, for example, a 50-year-old Glenfiddich. Price on Internet: 54,232.81 euros.
@roughapproach
Please let Pizzamonster001 know your mailing address. If you don’t like whiskey, please let me know so I can let him know mine.

2 Likes

I’ll assume it’s a fun joke and leave the heart! Regards :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a great post!
Really thanks to share with us your message,
This is the true spirit, the spirit of a real captain and how community should be!
:slight_smile: Respect

2 Likes