Why "Im tired im not a tester ..." topic is closed?

“Im tired im not a tester …” topic is closed because:
"Marking this as closed due to the lack of targeted, constructive feedback. Thanks for understanding. Also, along these lines please take a look at the recent forum announcement 8 concerning feedback vs complaining. "

If so, why is the topic like “Thanks MS & Asobo” are not closed ?! Are they “targeted and constructive feedback” or what?

Farhad Mashregh-Zamini

8 Likes

I was wondering the same myself earlier (and still am)

3 Likes

Is there an easy way to quickly see which topics/threads are closed in this forum?

thank you Capt.

Let’s make a copy paste of all of our posts! lol! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Maybe they take this too seriously, it will be better to take their promises in advertisings seriously and fix the Engine Live Weather for instance! …anyway…
Happy Flyings guys… as much as possible!

2 Likes

Because… Yawn :yawning_face:

1 Like

Yes, there is. Click on Advanced Search

Pretty neat feature, I didn’t know it was there until you asked.

2 Likes

A certain amount of moderation is required to maintain civil discourse. Unfortunately, that is the nature public forums. But, it shouldn’t be an excuse to remove all posts that have a negative sentiment or might reflect poorly against the company. Unfortunately, it often is. That is within their rights.

Up until now, I feel the moderation has been where it needs to be. However, give the recent post regarding changes I think its safe to say they are going to become gradually more and more agressive at shutting down posts that do not have the right appeal.

Of course, it will not be evenly applied. Since there are also posts which are not at all constructive but do give blanket praise or endorsement. They are just positive feedback. Not really “constructive” from a software improvement perspective.

It’s their choice though. This forum is owned by Microsoft. Ultimately you either have to conform or find another location, which is not moderated by Microsoft representatives, to expression your opinions.

3 Likes

I’d like to see the game improved. Dragging developers down and making them feel like ■■■■ doesn’t help.

I understand many players are frustrated, I’m personally frustrated because I encountered the download loop, which is why I spent time trying to figure out a faster way to download the files and posted my results on this forum.

But that is not an excuse to just hate on the developers, and I’m okay with not allowing posts with no positive or useful substance.

7 Likes

From a different perspective, I don’t think it’s so much that they are trying to sensor posts, but I’m ok with not seeing a ton of posts (good or bad) that complain/complement when I come in here.

It depends on what they want these forums to be. If they want to see bugs and wishlist items and ways to improve that are coherent and easy to understand because they are explained well, I very much support them filtering out the posts that do not offer anything constructive.

Truthfully, it has always been that dissent with no offered solution is not constructive, but support is considered, well, supportive. No where on these forums will you see “everything is perfect you have nothing to do anymore” posts. Even the positive posts are “hang in there and thanks for the update, I know it’s tough” which are nice to hear and supportive.

You can have a dissenting opinion so long as it is also constructive with how to make it better. A supportive post doesn’t necessarily need to also offer ways to improve.

What these post will ever do? Big 0, nothing, they have already all bug in logs and you cannot do anything on development time frame, speeding up will make more issue, it take time. Tired\ not tired, cry as you want, it won’t make any single difference, nothing will help on development, all these post are useless.

2 Likes

The reason was, as you quoted, given in the post. The recent post regarding non-constructive critique threads is pretty cut and dry. Additionally if a thread’s comments gets out of hand it’s going to be closed to prevent further propagation of that behavior.

Additionally, as per the CoC, threads regarding disciplinary actions are not allowed. Also, as per the CoC

“… The Microsoft Flight Simulator team and its Community Team also reserves the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis, and have full discretion when addressing any behavior that they determine is inappropriate. Any finalized decision may be based on the offending posters full history on the Microsoft Flight Simulator forums. Should you wish to discuss any disciplinary measures against your account, you can submit a customer support ticket for further review…”

Up to now, I don’t feel they have been “censoring” either. Like I said, I think they have been fair. My comments regarding using moderation as tool to manage perception wasn’t direct at MSFS forums. But, just generally what corporations often drift toward. I don’t want to see that happen here, and fear it might given the recent post regarding moderation changes.

Some of my posts could be considered negative and some do not offer specifics as to how to resolve a particular software issue. I save most specifics for Zendesk. :).

But, they do serve to highlight what I feel (as a paying customer) is a dissatisfaction with how they are handling things as a company. Particularly with bug reporting feedback, quality control, and communication regarding specifics of patch updates.

I’ve never been a fan of those “thank you” type posts. But, if it makes others feel good, so be it. I’ve thanked them enough with my wallet.

3 Likes

Constructive criticism example: Hey Asobo live weather isn’t working well, inaccurate. Plane aerodynamics needs work, isn’t fully realistic. Buildings are tall after patch 3, graphics look downgraded, sim crashes when I open VFR Map, autopilot isn’t functioning well, etc. (Helpful to devs)

Complaining: I hate this sim, i got ripped off, what a disgrace this shouldn’t have been released when it did, live weather sucks, plane aerodynamics ■■■■ are terrible, what were you thinking asobo Microsoft?! Thats it im out of here, going back to other sims, will be back tomorrow, 2 weeks, 6 months, couple of years. Why is this not trailer quality?!, etc, etc, etc. (Not helpful to devs)

Its equivalent to someone telling you: your PC sucks your pc and your internet is the problem. Youre terrible for not buying a better PC and monitor, you shouldn’t have purchased this game if your pc can’t handle it

Instead: maybe you need better hardware, whats your specs we can help you tweak it, whats your internet speed you may need better internet, or possibly mods, liveries are causing issues try to remove them and add them back one at a time. Restart your PC, etc.

When ORBX released the London landmarks I immediately wrote to support about how this is not them, they are way better than what they provided, they make amazing products and this one was not their high quality work. They should enhance it since the default landmarks were better quality and ill buy it once it improves. They replied very kindly and understanding and are working on it. I let them know I hope they didnt take my email as a complaint or harsh. They said not at all we dont mind criticism as long as its kind and helpful as yours was.

We have to find sympathy towards organizations like so because they are people who are working hard, mistakes will happen. The best of the best will make mistakes hence recalls. But as long as they’re focusing on improving things whether in increments or larger fixes thats what matters. So far albeit small patch 1.9.5 is a step forward as it enhanced my experience immensely no CTDs, planes flying better, live weather may not be 100% accurate at times but its getting there, I’m experiencing more turbulence and had an awesome windy landing at LPPR with the a320, nice challenge. Much smoother and most on ultra with 4k monitor. I can’t stop simming. Once they get it up to where we expect it to be I may have to close my business before even launching. :woozy_face: I’ve also conducted many tests to realize at times my internet may act up and speeds reduce causing low fps and bad graphics until I did some troubleshooting and my speeds went back up to 650 from 19, only happened once. Some mods were creating conflict but was able to take care of them… I purchased 4k monitor few days ago and everything looks and feels ten times better.

Things that requires attention from Asobo are the bumps at some runways that cause crash landing such as at runway 08L in KMIA, LFPG bridge taxi way is a hill. Floating vehicles, ground vehicle equipment. Ground crew walking through the engine, jet ways connecting to the aft doors such as LSGG and LPPR (some gates). And some more that I will report on Zendesk.

Bottom line is despite some early turbulence, the sim will eventually get there. Lets help them not attack them.

6 Likes

Cold-eyed constructive feedback is useful. Rants, whines, cries with hands raised to the sky are not. If something doesn’t work - say exactly that. There is no need to let the world know you are not a tester and that you abandon the title for X-Plane/P3D/Eurotruck etc.

Your opinion about useless is completely wrong. Think for a moment in other areas of society, of other products, that you will not receive any complaints -constructive or non-constructive-. What happens then? The market owners will be disinformed and will never know what their customers think. We are end users and have to be able to describe our opinion. This is our responsibility and our social duty.
The people who say we have to describe our opinion in a different media can be sure if our opinion is not published here, it will definitely be shown somewhere else, and that is definitely not good for the makers of our favorite Flight Simulator that at least I use that that, since 1984.

2 Likes

There is plenty of post like this and in the web concerning issue, if one don’t search before buying, people making repetitive mistake in others area, in some case fatal one!

…And „Thanks MS & Asobo“ is a contructive criticism in your example?!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone.

I want to explain why we are shifting our moderation policy.

Over the last few weeks, we’ve received an increasing number of complaints from users around the overall atmosphere of the forums, and we are seeing an increase in the number of users who have been muted/ignored by other users.

These complaints have been about a large number of negative posts and often duplicate negative topics. Often in these threads, people come in and say they hate X, Y or Z without explaining why, and that this game is {insert expletive here}, or purely that I hate it and I’m going back to {insert other sim here}.

These types of topic do nothing to help with the atmosphere on the forums and increase the chance that user (including new users) won’t want to stay, which is a bad thing for all of us. They also fail to achieve the core principle of the forum set out in the second line of the Code of Conduct.

We want to make these forums a positive environment for you to discuss Microsoft Flight Simulator related topics, and to give us your feedback on the sim.

We are not wanting to shut down complaints, or your feedback, we purely ask that the feedback is constructive.

Rather than saying “ATC sucks”, leave a meaningful explanation that will help others (including developers) understand why it sucks. “I was flying into KDEN from KSFO and ATC vectored me below X thousand feet and caused CFIT”.

By doing this you create a more positive atmosphere for other users, yourself, and you provide more meaningful feedback that is more likely to impact the development of the simulator.

As this thread discusses moderation which is prohibited by the Code of Conduct, I will be closing it. I hope my explanation sheds more light on what yesterdays post was about.

Thread Closed.

17 Likes

As an additional note, the moderation team is small and we cannot read every topic or every post. If you see something you believe violates the Code of Conduct then you should report (:white_flag:) it.

If you feel you have been treated unfairly, then you are welcome to send a complaint to support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com, and a member of the community team will review it.