Why is MSFS being released on Xbox?

It’s launching this summer come hell or high water. That’s likely why didn’t see much in terms of actual fixes and features on the last sim update, nor much of anything with this last world update other than the content itself. If it’s not directly benefitting both versions, it isn’t happening before XBOX launch. They’re burning the midnight oil working on the XBOX version. That’s all that matters atm.

7 Likes

You get to explore the WHOLE world. Thats reason enough.

6 Likes

Always happy to learn and be corrected.

1 Like

Xbox gamers do not like to play different games than PC players if those games are available.
Quite a few people from the Xbox community I am part of are waiting for MSFS to play it.

1 Like

I’m actually I’m considering getting an Xbox just for FS. I think it would look awesome on my 65 inch TV and my surround sound.

3 Likes

Word. My thoughts exactly.

3 Likes

I think its great for people that love consoles, there will be a lot of controversy, with certain people. It will be intriguing to know if there be a shortage of XBox like there are GPU…

$$, which I feel is the big wigs sole reason,

and Its gonna have a negative consequence too cause usually a traditionally PC only title that gets ported to console will see stagnation/downgrades in the future. The Devs now have to focus on 2 separate gaming spaces one which has a hardware limit. Its a big mistake. They aren’t gonna be driven to try to implement new features that could run PC that would not run on XBOX well. XBOX is gonna limit the creativity on the PC side. Behind the scenes if it doesnt run on xbox, they wont put it on PC and we wont know about it.

In short its too time consuming for the devs to manage what really is now 2 different games.

12 Likes

Maybe but I hope not, after all the game still has to run on the minimum system requirements too, so I assume Xbox will just have to have medium graphics settings.

It is still hard to find a SeriesX console with most retailers out of stock. They still bring on average, $750.00 on eBay. I already have mine and also have Gamepass but I will stick to PC for MSFS.

Many people who play FS on the Xbox will be gamers who just want a good flying game with amazing graphics. Some flight Simmers will have an Xbox but not a lot. The main reason why it will be a game on Xbox too is because of no mods as stated, also it will be designed for a controller.

Money, money and yet more money (and bugs, for sure)

1 Like

and there you go…:boom::boom::bomb::bomb::bomb::boom:BAM​:boom::boom::boom::bomb::bomb::bomb:
Spot on…the only thing that counts

1 Like

To give everyone the opportunity who is interested to play. Apart from that, money might play a major role to keep the shareholders happy. just my 2 cents :grinning:

You understand that an Xbox is just a Windows PC running a highly modified version of Windows 10?

1 Like

I play this game on a 65" tv and you’re right, it is most assuredly “awesome”.

3 Likes

As if buying a PC video card was any easier, or cheaper…

I know, I just bought a RX6800XT Black.

supplement: …just a cheaper subsidised Windows PC with 2019 based and thus limited but at least uniform hardware

:running_man:

2 Likes

Seems odd to me, but different strokes different folks I guess. I gave up on the consoles when they became essentially low-end Windows computers. It’s a good option for people who don’t want to or know how to build a gaming PC. Will you be able to use yokes and stuff with the xbox? I could not imagine using an xbox controller as fun unless you are just dabbling with it.