(Why) Not all Transitions ILS / RNAV ready?

Good evening, everyone (well, it’s evening for me). Just a quick question. STARs, Transitions, Approaches – clear to me, at least I think so. However, I noticed that MSFS does not allow all transitions for an ILS / RNAV Approach, and I don’t understand how I can see on the charts which transition is ILS/RNAV “ready” and which is not.

Example:
Airport EDDS (Germany) / Runway 25 / Last waypoint in flight plan TEKSI.

My desired transition would be TEKSI 1W. But if I select ILS or RNAV as approach option, the SIM automatically switches to TEKSI 25.

Question: Why?

Maybe someone can bring light into the darkness - German idiom. :wink:
Cheers!

Just had a very quick look into the real world charts. According to those the whole approach is valid. TESKI1W goes from TESKSI to DS512 and to UNSER where you pick up the GS for ILS25.

As I have already shut down for the day. Is the above routing inMSFS correct and is it only an incorrect naming in the somewhat bugged MSFS flight planner? Or is the routing also off?

Consider that EDDS wasn’t even in MSFS so there might also be Navdata problems.

I can test tomorrow

SierraHotel2873
Thank you very much for your reply. Just to be sure, I have reinstalled my Nav. Data via Navigraph.

Following behavior:
If I select the transition TEKS1W (red), MSFS apparently automatically selects an appropriate approach (blue).

However, if I want a dedicated approach, e.g. ILS, the SIM changes the transition in this case to TEKSI25. The same behavior occurs in the airplane.

EDDS is my home base, so I have no other examples yet. If this was a general problem, I think I would have found something about it. My question was mainly whether I still have a problem of understanding, and that does not seem to be the case.
Right, EDDS was not included, and maybe the problem comes from here.

The answer on „why“ is probably the easiest: because the sim‘s flight planner has a lot of bugs.

My question is: which aircraft? In case you use the FBW Airbus or any aircraft that uses the WT Garmins you can easily do all the stuff in the cockpit where it will work correctly. I personally don‘t even tough the flight planner at all. I don‘t fly the airbus but the G1000 and the PMS50 GTN/GNS link the approaches without any problems.

Grüßle aus der Gegend bissle nördlich der Homebase ^^

Okay, now I got it and I need your help to verify! I am in the TBM, in the Approach screen, the latest Navigraph Nav Data. ILS 25 is selected, but in the Transition tab, I can load an entire RNAV transition. So, this is not just about the approach, this screen is about an entire transition + approach. This becomes clear when I click on “Show Route on Chart” (Screenshot 2). The approach chart for 25L is shown, and this approach route is of course much shorter than the whole approach.
Can someone check this briefly for EDDS? → Approach ILS 25 / Transition TEKSI. Approach or Transition, what do you get?

Hey Ephedrin87 Grüße zurück ins Ländle. :smiley:

Not sure I understand. From your initial post I got the impression you wanted to plan the transition TEKSI1W and not the TEKSI25 RNAV transition. Now you are happy with the TEKSI25 and want confirmation?

Both transition are valid routes towards UNSER and ILS25. Both should be selectable in MSFS flight planner and if they aren’t I would consider it a bug of which the flight planner has a few and why WT develops its replacement.

or do a VFR flight and enter all the STAR fixes (through little nav map for instance). ATC does not work anyway - most of the time - Call airport and request full stop, sometimes you need to know the prevalent runways per the wind direction I think I remember.