Why the silence MS and Asobo?

On a high end machine here, and very happy thank you.

i9 10900K, 64Gb RAM, RTX 3080 on 2560 x 1440, ultra everything, LODs set on 4 through the config, still gettingt 55+ FPS. Stablity good - occasional hang or CTD on the start flight, but maybe 1 in 5.

I see popin, but it doesn’t seem that bad to me, I don;t get a noticeable FPS drop on panning and I haven’t yet found blirry textures at high altitude.

Sure the sim can improve, but now we’ve got the FPS headroom to do it

Honestly, I think there is a lot of arguing going on behind the scenes between Asobo and Microsoft, which makes creating a statement harder. Microsoft most likely pressured Asobo to push out the update for PC together with the Xbox release for whatever reason. Microsoft probably wanted the Xbox version so badly they put the PC version second. And don’t forget today is Monday which means they didn’t start dealing with this until today. In conclusion, we may not see a statement until this week’s development update.

3 Likes

Not sure what you’re thanking me for.

If you’re not getting blurry textures at high altitude then please indulge us with some screenshots.

1 Like

I agree fully.

Seattle isn’t in Germany, nor France…The head of flightsim resides in germany afaik, and the devs are in bordeaux.

See here:

Yeah, as I stated in another post. The issue IS on Management. The question is, how far up the tree does this go? You can say Sebastian or Martial… but what if they are in a pressure cooker designed by Jorg? What if Jorg is himself in a pressure cooker imposed by someone higher up at Microsoft? There is no way for us to know these things, but yeah… this is a prime example of poor management, whoever runs this ship. It’s easy to point the finger at Jorg, but… I am not exactly positive it stops there.

6 Likes

I don’t think MS was pushing this update specifically. They need to push updates together because it’s using a shared server backend, so the servers and clients need to be updated at the same time. Same reason why the update is required, you can’t play without it.

Haha I would be happy if I could trie SU5… my MSFS always brings a “Lost Connection” error since this “update”

Exactly, this most likely is dictated by whoever runs the whole Xbox division. Just a wild guess and speculation ofc…

2 Likes

If you don’t see a problem then I can’t help you.

If you haven’t done so already, fiddle a bit with your XBox login. Out / In…

Please keep images and videos related to MSFS.

1 Like

When SU5 was first announced and the previews of performance gains were shown, I asked what was sacrificed to achieve it several times in the live stream chat. My questions were dismissed by both moderators and members of the chat. Granted they were dismissed respectfully, but still dismissed. The popular answer was “time and effort” was sacrificed.

And personally I knew the downgrade was coming. Console fans and Microsoft themselves can tout the performance and “power” of their hardware all they like; its still akin to a mid-low range pre-built PC and if Asobo/M$ were going to get this game working on Xbox, graphical fidelity was going to be sacrificed.

So far as I’m concerned the only reason this game was brought to Xbox was to bring in cash, and to “flex” on its competition and what Microsoft’s AI platform for its world generation is capable of. And its clear by the numerous posts on these forums that after SU5, it isn’t much.

And yes, there are things us on the higher end of the PC spectrum can do to get performance closer to pre-SU5 appearance by fiddling with the .cfg, but we shouldn’t have to do that. Even in medium settings, SU4 performed well on a mid-range system (using mine for example, Ryzen 5600X, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB @ 3300mhz). I’m a 1080 pleb as is most of the PC gaming community at large and with everything on high or ultra, 45 fps was possible (and acceptable). And again, turning things down to medium didn’t hurt fedelity too much and improved performance well into the 60s.

The anger and vitriol from PC users is justified. Our experience has been tempered so that console players can dip in the pool too (not that there’s anything wrong with introducing this game to the console market).

11 Likes

It’s impossible to show the horrific downgrade in anti-aliasing from screenshots. Like, literally impossible as anti-aliasing can only been seen in real-time. It’s also impossible to show culling/pop-in/fps drops when looking left to right from a screenshot, for the same reason. So the two biggest issues when it comes to graphical downgrades - anti-aliasing and pop-in - aren’t able to be demonstrated here, so I’m not really sure how much this helps

4 Likes

You’re very right. Since last week I couldn’t play in good conditions. If was not a crash was the A320x borke even in de development version, of airports crashingEven de 787 that I’m not a fan of! My favortie is de A320 and I cannot play it. One time per month I usually do a long haul flight and this time it was impossible to me to do it. I am very frustating that even they are porud to announce a new update but every update comes with a lot of mistakes. I think for the price what we pay, we deserve updates without bugs (or at least little ones) and have a full MFS free of those mistakes. After that, they’ll come with 40 hotfix more, and, what makes me more angry is they stay in silence for a long time until community are very angry and they don’t have more options than work on it. I hope nearly in the future they solve that as quick as possible because fly makes me relax. Also the last update makes my mouse with collors in the knobs and tell me what knob is (i.e I move the mouse to strobe light and tell me those are the strobbe lights) and I don’t know how to deactivate them… It’s been really frustating for me until now.

3 Likes

I’m sure they will release something soon. I personally just want them to fix the terrain because mine is so blurry… it wasn’t this blurry in SU4 & my settings are the same.

1 Like

How to turn it off…

1 Like

From Mathijs at Aerosoft who just had to cancel their Traffic app thanks to Asobo. Mathijs "before any work can be done the ““the sim [needs] to be a stable platform.”

It’s not just us users.

1 Like

Jorg is German, but that does not mean he lives in Germany.
I am pretty sure he is in MS HQ, and this is Seattle.
So he is right now having his breakfast and getting ready for work.

And even then, dont expect there is immediately any reaction.

They will first have a meeting, look into the issues and reports that came in since hotfix.
They will discuss and probablydo some more research, discuss with a few more people before having a plan.
ANd before communication to us, they will make sure their plan is working, as else will only become even worse.
At least, when we expect them to be professional.

We want a solution, or we just want something rushed out (again) ?

3 Likes