New Forum Layout Feedback

The following comments are purely my own personal thoughts:

Deciding on how to organise a forum such as this one is not completely straightforward. Achieving a balance between the number of different sub forums/categories and still having a forum that is relatively easy to navigate does present challenges. As has been mentioned in a previous post, there are details about the re-organization in this official post:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/2023-forum-reorganization-announcement/561010

I don’t think anything is ever set in stone concerning forum structure… There have been a number of “changes” over the last two years or so that these forums have been up and running.

In regards to the particular question about GD being under “interests”… I, for one, am quite keen to see how this works out as opposed to it being under “Microsoft Flight Simulator”.

One of the things that makes forums work is the involvement of their community. Finding the correct category to post threads in helps everyone. Having a GD category that is full of threads that could be located in more suitable categories doesn’t help the community. Hence, having GD under “Interests”, with lots of other categories in “Interests” may help folks choose the most appropriate category for their post.

7 Likes