Will A2A be developing products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

Anyone who has ever flown the same plane on A2A and compared it to Carenado will tell you that Carenado planes are good but A2A planes are great!

Like the Carenado Cessna 182 vs A2A Cessna 182. It’s like comparing MSFS to FS4. A2A just make better planes, that simple.

Yes, they will. The first one, so I’ve read will be a totally new one. They didn’t decide yet if they will bring some of the existing ones to MSFS. If they do they will probably not simply port them but build them all over from scratch. Which is the only right way to do it imho. So yes, A2A will come to MSFS but it may take a year at least. Or longer.

I hope they bring the T-6 texan to MSFS! it is one of my favourite aircraft

https://a2asimulations.com/a2a-simulations-fs2020-p3d-and-the-aerostar/

1 Like

A2A is developing the Aerostar for ms 2020.

Does. Any one any info on A2A? I miss the best 172 and182

2 Likes

They are working on a plane for MSFS

First up in their lineup is the Comanche.

3 Likes

According to their forum post yesterday:

We have one final thing that needs to work for our technology to come into MSFS. We are dependent on another entity for this to happen. If it turns out this doesn’t happen for whatever reason we do have a plan B but we want to completely exhaust all options before moving to this next solution.
We have no interest in moving sideways with development and there are certain things we have wanted to make happen for a long time which I am insistent happen on any next Accu-Sim release. I wish I could be less cryptic about this stuff but it’s a sensitive subject to us because our our ability to release has been hung up from this one single thing that must happen.
Once this hurdle is overcome sky is the limit.
Scott.

No way to know what it is or what kind of expected time limit they have for Plan A before moving to Plan B and how long B would even take. Or for how long A will take to implement, once solved, for that matter.

No need to bother them, “it’s a sensitive subject”, as I’m sure they’re under enough pressure from seeing what MSFS is doing for the market. It’s promising, A2A planes are coming.

1 Like

This makes no sense. Other sim companies have developed very good planes and have meet the challenge. What’s different with A2A?

There has not been a GA plane on A2A’s level yet. Just Flight is close, but that’s about it.

1 Like

They make a special flight engine for their planes called Accu-sim. I haven’t flown one but watched plenty of videos to know there is a huge difference with it. It requires injecting their own code, which Asobo is against, as far as I understand. But take a look at Dreamofwings videos on YouTube. The detail they go into maintenance for a plane and the modeling of the planes characteristics is amazing and above anything else.

Accu-sim starts with recordings of a particular live plane. I believe that’s the harmonics, vibrations and various instrument readings at different performance levels during operation. Just see in a video how the control panel on a warbird acts during warm up and take off. It really is detailed beyond compare. Well, the DC6 gives kind of an idea, but I think A2A goes a bit further.

I asked Simcoders (the developers of REP and jrollon sf260 for x-plane, that do something similar to A2A) what is left for their sf260 to come on MSFS, and they answered “the ability to completely overwrite the engine logic”. Maybe it’s the same issue for A2A, and I think it’s up to Asobo to allow such things or not. Certainly there’s a high demand from the community, that’s for sure.

1 Like

A2A goes way further than any other developer has gone with MSFS products yet. The Engine-Logic and Accu-Sim is one of them. Being able to do a full walk-around, including fuel drainage, oil-check and refill, extensive wear and tear model is another. Also they have the ability to put your plane in the hangar for repair, changing the propeller, mounting different batteries, removing whell covers, etc.

A2A is All-In or nothing. And they stated that multiple times and here again, “no sidestep”.

4 Likes

There was a time when A2A released aircraft without Accusim, and then the customer could add an optional Accusim plug in later for that specific aircraft.

If there are issues with accessing or modifying the core engine, they might have to resort to this business model again just to get their foot in the MSFS door.

I recall a memorable flight in FSX with A2A’s Cessna 172 where after a few flights flying around less than optimally my flaps failed with one stuck in the down position. It made landing a bit interesting!

Hopefully whatever is holding them up can be resolved soon.

1 Like

Simcoders do the same things in x-plane: carbon debris on the sparks, persistent wear and tear, walkaround and such. That’s maybe Is the reason their sf260 for msfs is still not ready: they encounter the same limitations of A2A. Let’s hope Asobo will allow.

1 Like

Lewis, A2A’s business manager, will announce “a” product, and more than one product, for MSFS 2020 when they are ready:

3 Likes

The MSFS T6 are not bad, I don’t know who developed them, the problem is that many have IMO ridiculous custom VC, and there is an Harvard VC but the exhaust is the short Texan One. I bough the Reno pack but I keep P3Dv5 for A2A T6 and other aircraft I own.