Will Azure voice services ever be fixed?

Hard-wired to my internal LAN which runs 10 Gbit, so no internal bottlenecks. I’m on gigabit fibre to the internet and it’s been nothing but rock solid and blazing fast. MSFS is the only online service I ever have issues with.

Hmm interesting. I had problems a while back when the MSFS server was having issues. I need to monitor task manager and see if I’m actually dropping connection.

These off line voices are horrendous, especially with all of these constant Azure outages.

Are there any add ons that improve the off line voices? I’ve searched but can’t find any…thanks!

2 Likes

Azure has dropped and gone offline every flight I’ve flown since SU7. The only difference is that it has been coming back after about 45 minutes. The offline voices are indeed awful. I’m strongly considering a 3rd party ATC. The issues with the current ATC/Azure appear to be here to stay .

Since SU7, when Azure voice drops, I get a CTD within about a minute afterwards. :confused:

and there we go again… :frowning:

I’ve had several instances now where Azure TTS drops out, and I never used to get it. I’ve never had a CTD because of it though.

Oh well, never mind, we will be compensated next year with a new arcade addon. Can’t remember what it is called, something to do with a 1960’s TV cowboy series about a poker player :rofl:

I actually thought this was discussed in one of the Dev Q&As…maybe something they can focus on as part of the future bugfix releases.

I’m another one with Azure ATC dropping out every time I start a flight, this started straight after installing SU5.

Yup. Had it drop on me in both my flights so far today. Although it did kick back on on my first. Still waiting to see if comes back on this flight.

I find this fascinating.

It is so strange that some of you have this as a regularly occurring issue and I’ve only had it happen a couple of times.

What, then, is the issue that is affecting some and not others??

In a typical day, how many hours are you flying?

I had been losing Azure at least once nearly every flight for the last month. Suddenly about 5 days ago…no more interruptions. :flushed:

Same. Since SU5, almost every single flight. The last week-ish, it’s been fine. It started again today.

Are people here controlling the ATC themselves or are you using the AI Copilot to handle the ATC?

Just wondering what the statistics here are.

I use the AI co-pilot.

I work the radios myself. I don’t use AI.

I originally thought it was something connected with using A! co-pilot for comms, but since then I have experienced the problem both with and without, so it seems to make no difference.

This topic has been discussed in various threads for nearly six months now. The problem still exists as originally described, and nothing has been done about it :frowning_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.