Will many Simmers switch to Xbox in the long term?

Yep, I’ve got both too.

Best of both worlds.

1 Like

I have no reason to move to the console because i like to play with the game files. On PC i can open the files and “repair” stuff. I was able to find a workaround for the missing AI lights which wouldn’t be possible with a locked console.

Does Xbox support flight peripherals (sticks, yokes, pedals, etc)?
Does Xbox support the use of real ATC (Vatsim, Ivao,etc)?

So any serious simmer would not switch to Xbox. And personally I think the number of Xbox players will drop significantly over the coming months.

6 Likes

For the casual VFR fun flight maybe, but as I’m more into IFR with liners, with all the mandatory Navigraph/SimBrief/LittleNavMap/etc. software…… console is a no-no

7 Likes

Some of the main reasons why I would stick with PC only. The unlimited amount of mods that will not be supported on the XBOX. Upgradability is easy on PC if you can afford it. Many rookie simmers spend money on a good PC and flight peripherals. I personally will never switch to a console.
No hate on the consoles .Its an affordable option.

Now I wished we had our visuals what we had prior to SU5.Had to tweak the LOD pass 200.That tells me they had to make compromises to get it to run the XBOX to maintain some amount fps.

I think PC will be used from those who simulates, and Xbox will be used from those who wants to have fun.

10 Likes

Nope, not now, not later. Never. Don’t even own one. Why go to a platform that offers less capabilities than my current system?

Most of my flights are full IFR with Jets and Turboprops, no issues there. I use Navigraph on my laptop that is sitting next to me so that I have all the charts and approach plates at hand. Also in the real world you have your IFR materials on a tablet, no big difference there. And I am also sure that over time all those nice addons will be available for the Console. When there is a demand and money to be made it will happen.

2 Likes

Does XBox allow you to connect the FBWA320 tablet with Navigraph? Does it allow to download SimBrief flight plans into the MCDU? If not, I am not that interested.
Plus, a closed-system without possibility of future upgrade is not the optimal solution for an evolving platform such as a FS

Strange view. I like to simulate and I have it on the PC and Xbox. I’ve been playing in on the Xbox as I can sit on the couch and play it, I’m still simulating it.

3 Likes

All depend on what type of simmer you are. Casual simmer, sure. Hardcore simpit builders, don’t see that happening.

1 Like

Not currently no, but that doesn’t mean that in time that may change. Other games allow you to connect to apps while playing so it can be done.

1 Like

multi monitors for main view, monitors for instrument popouts, Spad.next running goflight modules, trackIR, infinite modding and tweaking - it’s PC for only for this boomer. sips monster energy

2 Likes

I think that’s a given

especially as it is taking up a large percentage of their valuable ssd space.

1 Like

Is this a joke? We are simmers and too bad we are flying half ship now. I went from Series X to PC just for this sim back in 2020. Waited 6 months for my PC and now it seems for nothing because it runs the same code as the Series S… What a waste of money

2 Likes

If one is already a sim enthusiast who takes their simming with all the bells and whistles seriously, I don’t see them making the switch to Xbox. I can see more casual simmers who don’t have a suitable PC nor the ability to afford one going this route. As long as they’re aware of and willing to remain within the limitations of a vanilla sim experience, then it’s not a bad choice.

I can also see someone who’s a PC simmer kicking back on their couch and doing some fun flying on their giant TV with an Xbox. Nothing wrong with that. Again, such a person will realize the limitations and not care, because this is just fun “gamey” flying vs doing more serious simulation.

Anyone who buys an Xbox specifically for MSFS expecting to be able to do everything you can on PC will be sorely disappointed. That realization you’re stuck in the walled garden Xbox ecosystem without the ability to use external / 3rd party tools would be a deal breaker for many.

For the opposite scenario, If an Xbox user really gets bitten by the flight sim bug vs just casual flying, I can see them very quickly realizing how locked in they are with Xbox and the basic, vanilla sim experience. All the wonderful tools that simmers use from flight planners, external mapping apps, external hardware, VATSIM or other ATC networks, etc require SimConnect, which is unavailable on Xbox and quite likely won’t be due to the Xbox security limitations. I can see those folks making the switch to PC in order to expand the realm of what’s possible for them to do with their simming experience.

8 Likes

I highly doubt it. From what I’m seeing, a lot of causal gamers love the game. And the reality is that more simmers looking to save money will move to Xbox. Flight simulation just became a whole lot affordable.

Microsoft isn’t the company that it once was when it released FSX. Today, they wouldn’t have released MSFS 2020 on Xbox if there wasn’t growing market/demand for it. And you can tell by the growing number of 3rd party addons coming to Xbox.

6 Likes

I bought an Xbox 360 many moons ago when it was released as I didn’t have a PC that could handle some of the games I was wanting to play. Now. That Xbox is in a box somewhere.
For something like FS I can’t see me switching I did like the Xbox for the whole stick a game on it and play with the handheld console.

There will be new hardwares for console too. From turtle beach to honeycomb: they are working for compatible devices

Yes, I have already considered selling my RTX Titan in order to get 10 XBoxes from the proceeds. At least 600FPS incoming

2 Likes