Will many Simmers switch to Xbox in the long term?

PC is already ahead.

The (desktop equivent AMD) components in the Xbox were launched in 2019 and designed before that.

Intel moves to a new socket this year with Alder Lake release which is rumoured to have a 20% performance improvement. (Intel no longer sitting on their hands and now “gloves off” it seems)
AMD move to a new socket in 2022 - although if Alder Lake really is that good I wonder if they will postpone to squeeze more performance from their next gen.
Both these socket shifts bring a lot more other stuff to the table including DDR5

So yes… already within the next 6 months the PC will make the largest generational performance shift it has seen since about 2014

I like consoles…I buy and play on consoles, but I’ve never been foolish enough to expect a device that’s squeezed into a shoebox and designed at least 2 years before it hits the market to be in any way near as good as a well built, current tech gaming PC.

2 Likes

No.

Oh, posts must be at least 10 characters.

No, they will not.

1 Like

Very unlikely.

Apart from anything else I have a fair bit of hardware which only runs on the PC. Given the cost of replacing this for something similar to work on the Xbox plus the extra cost of an Xbox I may as well just keep on updating my PC every 4 years or so.

1 Like

If you are a hardcore simmer console will be a toy for you. E.g FSX + Addons, P3D + Addons, X-Plane 11 + Addons. If you just fly and look out of the glass while flying it may be enough for you.

I mean, i am flying with LOD 5 now, 3 years later we probably have same consoles, but will have 2nd Next Generation of CPU’s and GPU’s. If the news are true even next gen GPU’s will be 2x better than current ones. (of course pinch of salt here).

This is why i always say “I hope Asobo and Microsoft keep their promise of 10 year development and transform this thing into a good piece of software”. This is just 1st year and thinking about other simulator histories 1 year is nothing.

TL:DR. No. :smiley:

No, and if the scenary does continue to decline, i’ll be off to the next sim or back to DCS.

No, and for one reason only. Xbox does not support SimConnect.

1 Like

This right here is where consoles shine over PC gaming. Where consoles lose out is just outright power, performance, and tailoring to one’s individual experience.

For those who just want to play the game, they will probably shift to console. For those of us looking for a more comprehensive experience, we’ll stay on PC.

Well…not me at the moment because the game is gimped on PC.

1 Like

Never surrender! It is a simulation not a game , xbox for games many ££££ for PC and simulation, dont send me back to x plane please!

1 Like

Many people will have and use both. But I dont think many people will replace their Pc with an XBox, although there are reasons to do so too. Like when you travel a lot or are fed up with tweaking, or you just dont like PC gaming.

PC users, there is hope…I think…

I have both a PC and a PS4. The PS4 I bought because of games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima.

IMHO, maybe the question should have been" How many X-Boxers will make the switch to the PC?
I don’t think that many will make the switch from PC to Xbox.

1 Like

I can’t speak for the many but I for one will not. Being honest, the PC version, in its current state, is not likely to keep my attention either.

1 Like

Relax.
PC is for the enthusiast.
It has gone upmarket since the advent of the mobile phone, tablet.
The console has helped to fill the gap If you want to to plug and play.
The potatoe pc is dead.
The next gen console has not only matched it! But overtaken it in a savage way.
Apple pc never even dented a Windows pc.
Linux folks are stuck in a time warp.
These days!
A pc owner is a person who sticks to the brand, and forks out lots of money for thier power house.
You don’t need to be worried about xbox or playing station.
They are happy fighting with each other.
The pc is not dead.
It is now a niche market.
Reserved for the people who insist on the best :+1::+1::+1:

Never will. Will always remain on PC

1 Like

A new gaming desktop is not only restricted to a monitor.
The console folks don’t seem to grasp this.
I can plug my beast into the best of modern day televisions.
The results will blow any console into kingdom come…

1 Like

I have a palit 3090 gamingpro.
Intel i9 10900 kf. Clocked to 5.2 on all cores, with aio 360 water cooling.
32 gb corsair vengeance
4 TB hdd for storage
2tb ssd sata for extra steam games
2tb nvme with Windows 11 and msfs 2020.
I am happy with my power house.
Forever pc :+1::muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Casual simmer who has enjoyed the PC version for the past year. I was enthusiastic about switching to Xbox (in lieu of upgrading my PC) but was disappointed to learn that a monthly Xbox live or Game Pass subscription is required for online multiplayer. I like the game on Xbox, but a required monthly fee might be a deal breaker for me. Hard to believe that even the Premium Deluxe $120 version of this game does not include multiplayer.

I’m very much looking forward to the sequel. HZD was an awesome game.

1 Like

Lol what? First I have a PlayStation and will never buy a box and secondly I would never play a flightsim on a console,

1 Like

Nope.

Why would I trade all my simulator junk for a gamers console? :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :scream:

7 Likes