Will Microsoft (or anyone) input the ability to create emergencies?

I don’t own MSFS 2020 yet, but I have been watching a lot on YouTube. I think it would be great to be able to program an emergency (or several emergencies) before your flight. Like an engine fire, or engine failure, hydraulic failure, a stall (I know I can create the environment for a stall but to have the Sim do it unexpectedly would be great), a bird strike, landing gear failure (to deploy, retract or get stuck). I could go on with all types of emergencies but I’m sure you get the idea. Any idea if they might integrate this into the sim at some point in time?

I think you can do this already in the aircraft selection on what failures can occur and at what time.

3 Likes

As @Darkpaolo92 already mentioned: This is already in:

1 Like

It is indeed partially implemented. There are not as many possible failure scenarios as in FSX and all at the end of the day mean an inrecoverable loss of an engine. (If I recall correctly a extinguished engine could be restarted in FSX, albeit at a lower power output)

The most annoying thing though, is that you can’t set/configure the failures in-flight. So, if you decide for educational or casual fun to have a failure, you can’t do that currently.