Will there be a beta test for the "top gun" dlc

Hello everybody this is my first time posting, however i was trying to find some news on the top gun update for msfs. I did see that they will release it may 25 but other information of what is in it or what it could be is very scarce. Microsoft did promise however “you will be able to experince first hand what it is like to be a U.S navy top gun”. That brings me to my question if there is some sort of a beta test like what we have had for the sim updates. If there is going to be not beta test when can we expect to hear some information about the update?

I’m just guessing since they try to keep everything a secret that there won’t be any public beta test.

7 Likes

ok thanks dude

1 Like

Once the movie is out. That‘s the deal :wink:

2 Likes

Why are they going to keep everthing a secret?

Well, ask Paramount, the producing company behind the movie :wink:

Microsoft/Asobo have NDAs signed with them.

1 Like

Yes, the beta test will be called “release” and it will be available on May 25.

6 Likes

And here we go again. Please do not cross-reference or discuss Combat or Violence related content. Recent posts involving those topics in this thread were removed. This is the one and only Caution Flag this thread is getting before being actioned. Tread lightly folks.

4 Likes

were did we talk about violonce if i may ask?

I could feel it in your underlying sentence structure. You’d better wind that back, Mister.

I am wondering why they’re putting this out if it causes so much sorrow.

2 Likes

We didn’t, those posts were deleted.

Well there’s a difference between keeping things a secret and managing expectations.

I can assure you that any information provided by Asobo is meticulously thought out prior to sharing it with the community. That way they are not telling us about something they’re not sure they can deliver or get into a situation where we the community can turn around and “BuT yOu SaId…”.

In Asobo’s case, it’s often “Darned if you do, darned if you don’t.”

1 Like

The offending posts were removed.

2 Likes

Yes and those two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

i agree. And not even from a sense of “we’re not telling you for yours/our benefit.” If there was something to share, Asobo would share it. they’ve been more than transparent in their operations and their plans. Granted, a lot of this sort of information is shared on Q&A Livestreams but the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Why does everyone get into a frothy lather over this stuff?

Its either going to be great, or not, and it’ll do that on May 25. I have my guess, but I won’t pollute the pool.

And a bunch of people who haven’t learned anything are going to go running in with their wallets out going “TAKE MY MONEY” and then spend the remainder of that week complaining.

It doesn’t matter that Asobo isn’t talking right now, because the way marketing works, is they’d be feeding you hype and not telling you what to really expect anyhow… So really, who cares?

You’ll find out on May 25.

1 Like

I don’t see why they would need to external beta test it. Its the sort of thing that they can do internally I’d imagine. It’ll be a couple of new planes, working aircraft carriers and some landing and navigation challenges. Thats my prediction anyway. I’m really excited about it.

I hope Asobo have taken a good look at the F-18 Super Warrior mod thats available over on flightsim.to. Its totally superb. Sadly SU9 broke it though.

The Top Gun DLC is free last time I heard anything about it so people don’t even have to consider whether they want to part with hard earned cash.

fortunately its an optional download. so it can be alpha tested before i think about adding it

Even more reason not to worry about it. I forgot about that.

I do agree with you my friend, i would like to see working radar and some external fuel tanks. im pretty sure the super warrior mod has both of those, but jorg did say that there was a trialer coming soon so i think we will have to wait to see until then.

My prediction is that well get a great update for the f18, working aircraft carriers, sr 72 , p51 and possibly a f14 tomcat. But it is a thing were we wont know until they want to say something type thing so just go to wait for now

1 Like