Wind šŸ’Ø Issues

Look I am not here to debate just want to figure out why the wind in MSFS 2020 is atrocious. I am not a real world pilot but know the difference that the wind does not blow on full mode every single minute of a flight. Try using real live wether today and I though my aircraft was going to crash as it was going up and down in the sky like a roller coaster I took it off real weather and it steadily fixed itself. When is ASOBO going to give us the option to turn wind off if we want to. You canā€™t even land without your rudder going every direction even when you are adjusting your rudddr the aircarft still has a mind of its own. This is getting incredibly annoying at this point .

Topic moved into General Discussion: #community:general-discussion-feedback for feedback.

What exactly is the problem? With going up and down do you mean turbulence? Were you flying over mountains or in clouds?

And what do you mean with the wind? Is it too strong? And how do you mean the whole flight? After takeoff the wind isnā€™t that big of a factor apart from takeoff and landing right? Maybe you are wobbling up and down because you fly with controller and didnā€™t use trim?

And you can turn the wind off if you want, you can modify the weater in detail.

A lot of people fly this sim and are not experiencing the things you are describing. Maybe you donā€™t know how wind works in real life?

If the rudder moves on its own thereā€™s apparently some assistance active, or your joystick setup incorrect.

6 Likes

Another test would be to unplug controllers one by one, looking for a change. If the rudder stops flapping about, then you found the cause.

5 Likes

Unplug it first and see if it stops the movement.

1 Like

I will try that and see

1 Like

I donā€™t know, since Iā€™ve never used any assistance.

Something amiss here?
I have been flying with real world weather on since I got this sim in December and its one of the things I love about this sim. [I fly the Beach Barron]
I flew over the the Sierra Nevada the other day and the turbulence was very realistic.
Today I flew from the Cannery Islands to Alicante with just a 3 to 4 knot headwind all the way and it ways a lovely flight.
If your aircraft is flying like a roller coaster then I would look into reasons why your aircraft is behaving that way other than blaming the weather?

2 Likes

sounds to me like badly setup controllers.

1 Like

Yep,itā€™s a bad setup with my joystick I unplugged it and the back ruddder stopped going back and forth. Does anyone know where in settings I need to go to fix this issue with my joystick. I am using the thrust master 1600 M

Make sure you go into ā€˜optionsā€™ then ā€˜Generalā€™ then ā€˜flight modalā€™ and make sure you have it on modern.
This just maybe your problem.

1 Like

Increase the deadzone (at least) on the Z axis.

On my T16000M Iā€™m using 2% on all axis. Only works with a newer one.

When I exchanged the old T16000M with a new one, a 7% deadzone was necessary.

For realistic aircraft behavior Iā€™m using -33% sensitivity on the pitch, roll and yaw axis.

Go to Menu, controls, and then with your joystick plugged in the Flightsim should recognise it and then you can use the ā€˜sensitivityā€™ option to fine tune your joystick.

Options, then Controls. Then click on the header for your joystick. Then itā€™s ā€œSensitivityā€ if I remember correctly. Then set Deazones.

Hereā€™s a very detailed post/guide:

1 Like

Ok can you share your sensitivity settings with me

First section is Joystick L-Axis X
Second section Joystick L- AXIS Y
Third section Joystick R- AXIS Z
Fourth section Joystick Slider X

What is your settings for all those sections I am only using a joystick Thurstmaser 1600 M thanks

Sure

you might find this thread interesting. Not everything is on topic, a lot has been about general things but there are good information about the crosswind problem, mostly on the first and third page.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72535

1 Like

Problem is I am only using a joystick not peddles or anything else. I give up I have tried everything I do t understand why others are not having the same issues I have tried two different joysticks same song and dance great sim but. Ack to old preparv4. You land put the front down turn on rev erase thrusters break and then whoosh of the left side of the runway with no control.

there are yuutubevids to see how it goes, bu it is not difficult at all.