Wind / Live Weather Still Broken

Please refrain from authoritatively asking people “if they understand you”. It’s quite rude and passive aggressive. I’ve been seeing this from your posts all around the forum. Let’s all discuss respectfully :slight_smile:

I have personally run into a few issues with live weather, but it certainly isn’t consistently 225/03. It absolutely varies on location. I feel as though you haven’t done your research if you think it is blatantly broken.

Right now in Australia the live weather is accurate. So I think its contextual.

Indeed. I had accurate weather flying over Portugal: winds aloft, turbulence, et cetera but do come across the 3 knt wind aloft bug in other parts of the world.

Yes, winds arent broken everywhere. Ive had differing winds in Europe (not sure of their accuracy, didn’t check, but it was satisfying to just experience something dynamic and different). In the US it is indeed completely broken though.

but that is blatantly broken

its supposed to be worldwide coverage. if it doesn’t work everywhere it’s broken.

if it just worked at one airport you wouldn’t say it’s working perfectly fine.

3 Likes

The weather in Australia is not accurate at all!!! That’s a blatant lie. Have you actually checked on any of the plane MFD’s wind indicators says the wind is? Have you looked at the windsock at airports?

It is consistently 3 kts from 225 globally (in terms of actual in game physics, and what the aircraft instruments say wind direction is). For some reason over the UK and Western Europe, it seems to work as intended. Over Poland I was getting my 80 kt headwind from 335, which is what the windy weather app said too.

Mine and many other’s experience the weather is indeed utterly broken.

I am confident it will be rectified in the long run. It’s just disapointing that Microsoft rushed their release for some quick easy cash rather than release a complete polished product, and aren’t even acknowledging that live global weather isn’t working. It was on of the key marketing features of this game, to leave such an important feature bugged and broken on release is almost comical.

I didn’t pay 180 bucks expecting an early access. However the long term potential is mindblowing, so we just have to wait…

1 Like