Wind turbulence

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Wind turbulence at any altitude, any location, any plane since update 9. Almost unflyable. Deleted wind layer and cannot add back. No change anyway. Just since update 9.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

[wrap=template key=“Topic_template”]

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

since the update wind turbulence is extreme cant possibly fly like this, bush trips don’t allow changes to weather, I’m going to find to find a bucket to throw up

1 Like

Yep, actual turbulence system is ridiculous.

1 Like

Yes it is and I’m fed up with it. It doesn’t seem they want to fix it. I’m sad now. :frowning:

How to fix turbulence in the real world?

2 Likes

You don’t, but I would like to have the option instead of it being pushed on me and I have no control over it especially in a SIM that is not the “real” world ! If you ask me (and you haven’t), its a bit overkill the turbulence. It doesn’t make flying enjoyable because of it. I don’t like having to over compensate on the stick to keep my plane under control in the SIM which is not the “real” world.

1 Like

I’m not sure its too much or too less. I don’t want them to remove something that exists in the real world. It’s a flight simulator after all. Like it or not.

Maybe they could add a slider 0-200%. Some maybe want more.

1 Like

Yep, agreed. its been mentioned a few times in the threads.

2 Likes

Thermal turbulence definitely needs a slider. I suspect it’s intentionally scaled back at the moment until improvements are made to the wind engine and they reach a good balance. Hopefully by the time gliders come we’ll have a slider. Conditions that would cause very rough thermal turbulence in real life only results in moderate turbulence at best in MSFS. It needs to be scaled up, and a slider with a good range is probably the best way to handle that.

1 Like

Aero Fly did it…why can’t MS and Asobo do it…? It seems they don’t take example from other SIM companies to keep up with consumer (user) needs. It’s not rocket science :thinking:

Agree, i used many p3d addons that had options for everything that i could customize how i liked it.

Live-weather has one on/off option. I want the gusts they removed instead of add an off switch or slider for gusts they completely removed the varied winds over ground. Thats why i tell here that they not should remove the turbulence because some complain they want to fly in always calm winds.

I’m one of them. I like things nice and easy without having to fight mother nature when she gets cranky and decides to blow. I’m not a real pilot (glad I’m not now) and the SIM for me doesn’t have to be like real life. I just want to fly with no encumbrances. Its not much to ask really. :wink:

No not at all, Thats why options are good. That makes everyone enjoy the sim as they want to. Also creates more happy environment here on the forum. Forcing new things on everybody always makes some dissapointed the same with removal of things.

In the future if they add or remove a thing i would like them to implement options to dissable or activate that again, Maybe hard to do but if they can’t do that they should not add it or remove it at all. The thing they change will not be improvement for everyone.

1 Like

Exactly, like you said:…

“Makes everyone enjoy the sim as they want to”.

“That’s why options are good”.

1 Like

Yes, I have mentioned this in the forum as well, VR experience is not great now. Hope for a fix soon.

We shouldn’t ask for a fix. We should ask for options. I have learned since su4 when they removed gusts that i liked the fix for them was to remove them completely for everyone. If they can add a complex thing as thermals they can also create a simple option to turn them off if we want to.

Actually I just sent a report through the Xbox “report a problem” app (a second time) pleading to get rid of the turbulence and mentioned that Aero Fly did it why can’t they…? I told them to take example from what other SIM’s are doing to make their customers happy. I literally told them happy customers are repeat customers. No customers no business period ! I advised them that I won’t refer MSFS to anyone because of the issues with right now. I used to run a distributorship out of my home, I know how to retain and keep my customers and make them happy. Lets hope my advice to the Dev’s doesn’t go on deaf ears, because if it does, I’m packing it in permanently with MSFS, selling my Xbox and be done with it and stay with Aero Fly for good. Yes, the turbulence with MSFS is annoying me that much. Aero Fly FS4 version is coming out and from the looks of it, the switch is going to be even easier, I’m looking forward to it. The turbulence right now with MSFS is the only thing driving me nuts. It works fine offline, but I’d really like to have Bing Maps turned on because the scenery looks a lot better with it on. It seems I can’t have both right now and that’s a problem for me. Time will tell I guess. I’m giving them (MS, Asobo, Dev’s) the benefit of the doubt. They don’t fix it…I’m done with them.

The only thing Asobo has to “fix” is adding a slider to make everyone happy. I highly doubt they’re going to scrap gliders because a few xbox gamers don’t understand thermal turbulence and think it’s a bug. How many people are enjoying the more realistic and dynamic flight experience and are looking forward to gliders vs how many people are complaining here on the message board over their plane moving around in a flight simulator?

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying. That said, my post above…I’m venting…ttthhhuuuppppp :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Then they can also add a realisitic setting as the highest point on that slider with no limits at all :slight_smile:

Also reactivate gusts with an on/off switch until they manage implement real gusts. I want “overdone” gusts until they manage implement real produced gusts. After su4 we have none at ground. I want the air to feel alive everywhere organic or not i don’t care. “Live” weather it’s called. Then what that “live” means nobody knows. For some it means the weather that is happening IRL right now. For me it means that the weather should feel alive.