Windows 11? Should i install?

Hi simmers,
I have a notification to download/install windows 11. Have any simmers done this and has it caused any issues for MSFS?

No issues for MSFS.

1 Like

Lots have already upgraded with no issues.

1 Like

Topic moved into #self-service:pc-hardware

I upgraded with no issues and no change in performance.

2 Likes

I upgradedā€¦

Taskbar started showing up either blank or with icons unusable.

Tried 20 different internet ā€˜fixesā€™, none worked.

Reverted to Win 10.

If it ainā€™t brokeā€¦ā€¦

(When it did work, I saw no advantages re: MSFS)

2 Likes

As of this posting I can give no solid reason as to why you should ā€œupgradeā€ and I say this as a dev build beta user.

1 Like

You have plenty of time to update I would hold off. I run 11 and 10 on the same machine, I still like 10.

And you can tell the win 11 is good because theyā€™re already leaking info on window 12ā€¦ROFL!

2 Likes

I looked at the lists of new features in 11 and saw nothing worth the time and risk of updating. I suggest you look at what 11 offers and then decide.

Iā€™ve never been a fan / trusted Windows upgrades. Iā€™ve always done a clean install (format the drive and install) which means a re-load of everything.

I have no issues on Windows 10 Pro so will remain there until forced off.

I run on Windows 11. Havenā€™t had an issue linked to the OS that I know of! The UI is different from Windows 10, but I like it.

Iā€™ve clean installed all my PC and laptops with Windows 11 since July last year and Iā€™ve been using it ever since. No issues with the computer or MSFS itself.

Itā€™s up to you, whether you want to upgrade or not. But if you decided to upgrade. I would recommend to reformat and do a fresh clean install. To avoid any of the old junk files from clogging up the new OS.

2 Likes

I upgraded (not a fresh install) and my FS2020 went from an almost guaranteed CTD every flight to being bulletproof.

I donā€™t ask or want to know why, Iā€™m just grateful :innocent:

ps Now Iā€™ve got used to it I think itā€™s better than 10. My PC hasnā€™t run as well since I got it to be honest.

1 Like

I will add, I havenā€™t cared for the layout of Windows since Windows 7. So I use Classic Shell to apply that look and feel / menu layouts.

Iā€™m 3 computers in with windows 11 (2 upgraded and one new) and no issues at all. Smoothest, fastest and easiest Windows update yet (from 10->11). FS also runs fine on win 11 compared with win 10. Have been running FS on win 11 since October last year I think.

If it offers things you need then upgrade. if Win10 is working fine do not. Pretty simple really.

Yes I have been using it for a year On Dev mode without any issues

I have it on two PCs and no issues. I liked Win 10 but Win 11 is better.

This just in win 11 will be inserting commercial adds in file explorer. WooHoo cant wait! NOTā€¦

Always update Iā€™d say.