Windows 11 Stutters with Quest2 and other HMDs?

Decided to try Windows 11 (reserve the right to return to Win 10 ). I see the same reported stutters that others have with Quest2 and will be testing WMR (HP Reverb) as well. What are your experiences?
PC=9700k+RTX2070+Win11-21H2(22000.434)+Nvidia511.23

EDIT: Whoops - now I see a similar topic below. In summary, some have no problems and then there is the rest of us that have significant stutters - what’s new?? I always wonder just what is the difference - hardware, registry, drivers…

Oculus has already stated their drivers are not wholly compatible with Win 11.

Hence the problems!

I have almost your exact some system, I’ve managed to get about as good as I can get mine running…. PM me if you want my settings…

@Zeanuck,
Thanks for the offer - I will do that. I have found some settings that seem to work pretty well for now: (Link cable and Airlink)
Oculus PC App - 72Hz @ 1.3x (4704x2304)
ODT+OTT - PPD=1.3, FOV+0.8;0.8 , ASW=30Hz (one-third of 72 = 24HZ/FPS pretty much locked)
NIS Scaler (input res = 2304x2336, output res to MSFS = 1612x1635) 70%, 40%
MSFS - RS=100%, TAA, mostly medium, TOD=150,OLD=115, 8x,2x2
NOTE: I read somewhere to let the ODT console window show??

I prefer a lot of yaw rotation smoothness for H135 helicopter flying at very low altitude and looking out the side windows.

NOTE: The settings that I originally tried were downcounts of 90Hz (45,30,18) but they just weren’t smooth at all - especially with ASW

1 Like

I currently have Index, Reverb G2, and Vive Pro 2.
Only headset that gives me issue “stuttering badly in game” in Windows 11 is the Vive Pro 2. Index and Reverb G2 no problem for me in Windows 11.

I finally figured out a workaround to the issue with the VP2 by disabling my secondary monitor while gaming.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.