Windows store issues are not acceptable!

The various Windows Store related issues are simply not acceptable. I have limited time to enjoy flight sims and I am tired of trying to troubleshoot installation issues. I have never got the updates without following various troubleshooting guides until magically some step (which seems to vary) finally triggers the update installation. I am now on 1.18.15.0 and nothing seems to trigger new updates (not the 3 part installation troubleshooting guide nor using the XBOX app).

Win 10 is an old and large platform. I believe there are way more ways to things to go wrong than MS or Asobo can handle. For some it works, but there people like me who just happen to have something going on in the depths of Windows that prevents updates from working. I know people at MS and Asobo are doing their best, but unfortunately I don’t believe it’s going to be enough to give EVERYONE a good experience.

Personally I am done with the troubleshooting. In the future I’ll be playing DCS and X-plane. I would be happy to receive a refund and buy the Steam version, if it works better, but other than that I done with MSFS until the updates start working without need for troubleshooting. I bought things through MSFS store to give MS a reason to keep improving the platform, but now I’ll be taking my money elsewhere.

Vote this topic if you agree and think the installation issues should have higher priority.

Hello @threedee1243 ,
I am sorry to hear that the Zendesk troubleshooting steps did not solve your issue.
For further assistance you can also open a ticket at Zendesk.

As there are multiple topics already talking about this issue, like Cannot download mandatory update and other topics exist in the #self-service:wishlist category, that suggest how the installation experience could be enhanced, this topic was closed.

Nevertheless, I hope your issue gets resolved soon.