Wireless Mouse issue

I got a new throttle today and am spending time to set up the controls for it but I have to keep alt-f4 out of the game as I also keep losing ability to click with the mouse. I often have the window open to map a certain controller button to an in game function and can’t click cancel or validate, mouse hover works not mouse click.

I decided to connect the wireless mouse in with the usb wire but got a CTD. This is on sim update 8 beta. Has Microsoft acknowledged this issue or the CTD when plugging in a wireless mouse with its wire.

Moved to Sim Update 8 Beta, Hardware.

1 Like

Are you saying you got a CTD when plugging the USB mouse in while the sim was running?

This is typical behaviour on any version, when you plug in or unplug a periphrial that is used as a control device in the sim, it can freeze / pause or CTD.

Or are you getting CTD’s since plugging it in (after restarting the sim?).

Oh ok thank you, it was only the action of plugging it in (even though the same device was connected wirelessly and working). After restarting and leaving it plugged in it has not CTDd. I guess if this is a known issue I should delete this thread. I would assume its on the known bugs list.

1 Like

All - Ok this sounds like the issue I was experiencing couple weeks ago prior to PC crash. I was attempting to setup a button on my Virpil TM-3 unit. In control settings, delete action, validate action, click apply and save. Go back into profile and unit, click on switch to release parking brake. Hmmm, action would not take, validate would not take, and could not even see the apply and save option. Took a while, but, if I then returned that switch to its normal position, could then bind that and validate and save. So, try putting button back in its rest position, and see if that clears up the issue.

1 Like

This fixes the issue of the mouse not clicking. I think a UI tip and/or a say 20 second timeout would help people who think they are stuck. The buttons should not appear clickable while in this state either.

Do you know if this bug is getting fixed in the Sim Update 8 final release or know the thread / ticket its being tracked on. I think MSFS needs to be so much more resilient to such things in general.

Sorry, no insight into any of that.

Interesting. My wireless mouse simply stopped functioning last week. Yet I did not experience any CTD