Ability to disable music

Hi
It’d be great to have a checkbox in the options to ‘Disable Music’. If it’s checked - the music is not played - EVER.

Currently you can turn the music down to zero (and therefore have no music), but it’s still ‘playing’ at zero volume, consuming resources and popping up (for example) when the opening pictures are displaying. I want every resource I can get!

Thanks
Pauly

The music doesn’t play when you’re in game, which is the only time the performance matters. Seems like a non issue to me?

3 Likes

this is just only your assumption / guess …

Is it? Maybe I’ve been writing software for decades and know what I’m talking about? Who knows

What personally bothers me is that when I’ve turned the music all the way down to 0, it still plays briefly at startup.

3 Likes

Hi @N316TS
Exactly - It’s still playing, but at zero volume.
With an application that consumes so much of everything, it’d be logical to disable the music entirely (for those that want to), and give the resources to something else.
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

Just checking…have you logged this in Zendesk?

If you rename the music soundbank file it will not play at all. BUT it still plays the 3 notes at the start.

Not sure if that saves resources/frames, but I could see in procmon that the file is constantly being read. After renaming, that make it impossible for the game to do so :smiley:

Please either change or turn off that repetitive riff during download and start up of game. It is beyond annoying.

1 Like

Options > general > sound and scroll down :wink:

I have music volume down to zero, but music plays up to some point during the loading screen. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, when MSFS starts the volume is high until it reads in the files where you have the volume set.

If you don’t want to wake up the neighbors when you launch it, have to remember to mute or turn down the PC speakers. :grin:

Please add the ability to turn off music from the menu, currently you can only turn down the volume.

1 Like

Hi @vader749916,

Welcome to the forums. If you turn the slider to “0” it should turn off, correct?

1 Like

Hi there,

Yes that works, but does that not mean the audio is still playing but just not audible?!

Thanks

1 Like

What difference does it make? Compared to the rest of stuff going on, playing an MP3 in memory, even if you can’t hear it, is hardly taxing your system any more :wink:

I noticed a few of your posts now are asking to remove or switch off stuff. I’m only joking but found it funny. Have you considered just switching the PC off… problem solved! :smiley:

2 Likes

Excellent :slight_smile:
It seems a strange use of resources if its just muted - sometimes i hear it try to load it briefly on startup but then stops which is odd…

1 Like

Yea I get that half second burst on the first loading screen too.

1 Like